Best & Worst Catwalkers #4

Discussion in 'The ETC's of the Modeling World' started by tFS Thread Manager, Mar 1, 2013.

1. happycanadian

happycanadian Active Member

this is an EPIC fashion show, in general. with tons of amazing walks with everyone from Daria to Linda to Isabeli. but --- in my opinion --- ain't NOBODY deliver the *WOW* like Karolina, who both opened and closed the show.

VERSACE S/S 2004

such a strong opening. wow, i miss these days.

awesome closing segment, starting with Daria and then KK with the epicness at 1:25-

2. Maximilian S

Maximilian S New Member

^ I saw that about a month ago and I agree Karolina has one of the best walks ever! That turn at 1:50 in the second video :woot:B)

3. Littleathquakes

Littleathquakes Active Member

Linda wasn't bad, but compared to KK, it was a janky walk. And it seemed like that bag was weighing her down - she was kinda tilting to the one side.

4. Maximilian S

Maximilian S New Member

^ I was thinking that too but after KK even Gisele looked underwhelming at the 2001 VS show! She's just F-I-E-R-C-E!

5. Maximilian S

Maximilian S New Member

Okay I don't know about the best walker but I think KK has THE perfect walk, anyone agree?

6. wangster

wangster New Member

Who's the fourth model? I think her walk was a little too exaggerated (well it's appropriate for VS) but what the heck is she doing with her tongue at the end??

7. FakeFlower

FakeFlower New Member

Totally agree her walk is flawless and so effortless.

Anyway I think that all models back then had better walks than the girls nowadays. :/

8. happycanadian

that would be Rie Rasmussen. if you're not familiar with her, you should definitely check out her thread. her career was a bit of a "flash in the pan", but when she first came out, she EXPLODED. she was aaaallllll about the drama. so intense on both the runway and in editorials. really had an impact.

9. Greenway

Greenway New Member

After watching both the Versace and VS show, it saddens me slightly. To think that all the drama, the energy and the spark that shows 10 years ago had has disappeared. I miss the dramatic pose at the end, the shifting of the weight for hip to hip, at the end of the runway for at least 3 seconds. That creates excitement and energy but now we have similar looking girls, one by one walking down, not even posing anymore just a quick turn around and that's that.
    No wonder collections are getting boring and fashion in itself lately is becoming stale, they need to bring back the energy they once had.

As for KK, her walk is killer. She is serving body-ody-ody and sex appeal. I'm a sucker for bouncy walks, they just ooze sex. The bouncy big hair at Versace gives me life, it's just another element which adds that little bit extra. Fashion needs girls like Karolina, like Gisele etc, girls who know how to command your attention and they do it so effortlessly.

As for Adriana at VS I never knew she has worked for them for so long, it seems crazy but 11 years later she is still walking their shows.

10. kab348

kab348 New Member

I don't know guys KK's walk looks similiar to Cara's who we jump all over. Her hand was swinging quite a bit and the extreme crossing of the feet and hips moving. IF you love KK, maybe we are being too hard on Cara.

11. Greenway

Greenway New Member

^ The difference between KK and Cara's walk is that I think Karolina has mastered the fast paced arm swinging and the leg crossing is done in a more controlled way. I don't have anything wrong with Cara's walk because sometimes she does walk really good but even though there are elements which are similar in both girls walks, I wouldn't really compare them.

12. Littleathquakes

Littleathquakes Active Member

LOL that always bothered me I cringe every time i watch it.

It's kinda her "thing" @ 0:14 she doesn't do the full tongue thing here but you can see her mouth was doing something sexy.

But if you really want to see nasty, 0:30

#32 Littleathquakes, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by moderator : Mar 8, 2013
  13. ad31214

ad31214 New Member

That was just creepy :sick:

14. Maximilian S

Maximilian S New Member

I wouldn't either EVER :shock: I mean Karolina & Cara? There may be similar elements especially when written down like this but in real life they're not even in the same league. I admit Cara is improving (very slowy) but don't push it -_-

15. naya

naya Active Member

Natasha opening the show. Perfection! :woot::heart:

16. happycanadian

yeah, Ms Poly has a fantastic walk! so pert and bouncy.

17. Kallu

Kallu Active Member

#24 OMG :shock: And Karolina was only 17 years old!!

18. ad31214

ad31214 New Member

Snejana is without a doubt one of the best catwalkers imo, but her turn was really sloppy and awkward here. (3:46) Not one of her shining moments...

youtube.com/hecologia

19. Maximilian S

Maximilian S New Member

^ yes not her best moment but I love her 'standard' turns

1:50

0:30

p.s. Tanya does that same kind of turn

2:25

20. ad31214

ad31214 New Member

^ she looks much better in those two videos, there was just something really "newcomer" about her turn at Dior, really unsure. In the videos you posted she seems more confident/sassy.

Worst cat walker: From the first time I saw her walk in 2011, I thought her walk would be able to improve, two years later and I actually think her walk is even worse now, Caroline Brasch Nielsen, forgive me.