Black Velvet Jacket

Yasmin

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a black velvet jacket, and even though I know it's been in season this fall and winter, I haven't worn it because it needed some adjustment. Now I finally got around to remembering it and the adjustment would only take 5 minutes. But, now it's spring.

is a Black Velvet Jacket a classic, or is it going to be dated as a Fall/Winter '05 look? I'm thinking in terms of next fall and the fall after that.

Also, can you wear a black velvet jacket at night in the spring or summer? or does that look weird?

I'm trying to decide whether or not to donate this puppy and free up the closet space!

its not a summer thing - not even for evening. Its not really a classic as its velvet yet black jackets are. The best idea would be to keep it, wrap in plastic etc, and bring it out again in the fall. Then you add trends of that time with it to make it blend in. Or just wear it with pride because its not in fashion! Make it BE in fashion!

I say it is classic ... but even if it weren't, being slightly off-trend is no reason to ditch something you spent good money on :flower:

I'd say you could wear it in the evening in the spring, at least, when there's a bit of a chill. Remember some designers have been showing bits of velvet for spring (per Suzy's column, navy velvet straps), so why not? Rules only exist if you acknowledge them B)

of course it is classic...
you should keep it...

^ yeah I agree, it's a classic. if it was coloured velvet, that would be a different story, but black velvet is an age-old staple. hang on to it, though I would pack it away for the summer...

TOTAL classic!!!

I'm still sad about the aging one in my closet that needs replacement :( With all that velvet out last season I STILL couldn't find one worthy of the 12 year old in my closet :lol:

I want a velvet jacket. There's a problem, the only velvet Ive found to be gorgeous was a Ralph Lauren Purple Label one that retailed for 800. I find most other velvet to be short and stiff looking and gathers lint easily, this one was a tall pile, very plush and very lusterous...It was gorgeous.

Hard to find nice velvet.

Paul Smith usually does great velvet jackets, I'd look into those too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->