Calvin Klein 205W39NYC F/W 2018.19 by Willy Vanderperre

9sete

Reaction score
Models: Freja Beha Erichsen & Julia Nobis
6hHyJuIo_t.jpeg

calvinklein

I actually really like the eyewear shot!

Ok, this looks promising.

lol at Julia's nose tho.

Even with sci-fi, which I would've thought would be right up his alley, the guy comes up short. But I think I can tolerate this because of the light colours. There's still a cheap-ish digital vibe to these images which I don't like.

So people will be wearing pastel knitted balaclavas this autumn? Julia Nobis' face should've been behind Freja's, or behind that mountain!

Not very fond of this images but kudos to Willly for bringing something different to the table after so many bland images he's done for CK. I agree with Benn98 that the editing is too harsh, making it look look like the models were pasted onto the background.

I think this is probably the best campaign by Willy for CK. At least they got out of that field. :lol:
The alien vibe seems to be strong this season: first Moschino, now Calvin Klein. But no one can top Gucci's narrative and creative campaigns..

Liya Kebede is also part of this.

Models: Lulu Tenney, Julia Nobis, Freja Beha, Liya Kebede, Erin O’Connor, Fernando Albaladejo, and Luca Lemaire.

Best Willy did for CK sofar. Finally there's a hint of humor instead of the constant Americana intellectualising.

This is just so awful. I don’t see DIY kitsch B-movie scifi that Alesssandro’s Gucci campaign did so well with. This is a total and sloppy rip-off of Tim Walker’s Planet Tilda— just too heavy-handed to make sure the kidz get the B-movie camp. It's so out of character, so wrong for Calvin’s aesthetic—and even more so for I’m-a-serious-artist Raf.

And I liked the barn/farmhouse/lost highway Americana campaign a lot.

Liya steals the campaign.
Her two images are the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->