Camilla Belle

I like the teen vogue picts as well! I think she's a really really pretty girl, sweet looking!

gorgeous girl! i found some pics from gettyimages

52472481.jpg

55852539.jpg
55871575.jpg
56055668.jpg
56310125.jpg
56428833.jpg

I don't think she's pretty but still quite interestig. I think the Emmy Rossum comparison is quite stupid, Emmy is a stunner

she has a very distinct look.. which I happen to really like. I think she's very pretty. I haven't seen any of her movies, though. I haven't seen too much of her style either, but from what I have seen it seems ok. maybe more pictures will come around and we will be able to see more of her.

She's very pretty and exotic-looking. Anyone that can hold their own acting with the delicious Daniel Day-Lewis is pretty cool in my book.

babyjane said:
She's very pretty and exotic-looking. Anyone that can hold their own acting with the delicious Daniel Day-Lewis is pretty cool in my book.
iawtc, daniel day- lewis is yummy:heart:

source: telegraph uk
Out of the shadows
(Filed: 30/04/2006)

She was talent-spotted at playgroup and is already a veteran of film. But only now, at the ripe old age of 19, Camilla Belle is making it big. What took her so long? She talks to Strawberry Saroyan

The 19-year-old actress Camilla Belle sashays from one end of her living-room to the other, gazing adoringly at the dresses brought over by stylists for a fitting for this magazine's photo shoot. The garments are all shapes and colours: a black silk floor-length by Lanvin, a butter-coloured confection by Prada, a metallic green dress by Burberry Prorsum.
stcamille1.jpg
Camilla Belle has been acting since she was nine months old
Then there are the heels: silver Galliano ones, and Miu Miu ones covered with giant (albeit faux) diamonds. When Belle comes upon a mustard-coloured mini-dress by Chloé, she lets out a squeal. 'I love it!' It's an experience that the just-minted film star and model for this spring's Miu Miu ad campaign may well get used to - being presented with the cream of the next season's fashion, to play dressing up. But, for the time being, she's still excited by the perks of celebrity.

Belle started modelling and appearing in commercials when she was nine months old and appeared in her first film at five, but her ship didn't really come in until she was cast alongside Daniel Day-Lewis in The Ballad of Jack and Rose, which opened here last month. By Hollywood standards that was a low-budget project, but her next film, When a Stranger Calls, which opens here next month, will catapult her into a different league.

Belle, who was recently on the cover of Teen Vogue, has already noticed a change in her reception in Hollywood. 'The film topped the American box-office chart,' she says, 'and people seem to really care about that. There are certain people who won't meet you when you are just doing your little indies' - her other recent pictures have included non-studio fare like The Chumscrubber, about the underside of suburbia, and The Quiet, in which she played a mute - 'but when you have a hit film they're like, "Oh, she's changed."'

Her profile may be raised, but Belle maintains that she has not changed, and she answers the door barefoot at her parents' home in the Cheviot Hills neighbourhood of Los Angeles (she still lives with her father, who owns a construction business, and her mother, who is her manager). She is also quick to giggle - in other words, she's the opposite of pretentious.

Belle's beauty combines the sparkliness of Cameron Diaz with the sultriness of Sophia Loren, but she carries it lightly. Her hair is pulled back haphazardly when we meet, and she is sporting a simple white ruffled skirt and a green sweatshirt. On her fingers are rings made from coconut shells that she bought in the Amazon - her mother was born and raised in Brazil, and the two try to spend a month there every year.

'They have seeds and feathers and beautiful stuff that no one has here,' she says of materials used to craft jewellery in that country. 'I got so excited.'
stcamille2.jpg
Co-starring with the 'sweet and gentle' Daniel Day-Lewis in The Ballad of Jack and RoseBut stardom is never far away. As Belle leads me to the garden, where we sit down at a table on the grass, she tells me that she's been packing for a six-month trip all afternoon. The next morning she is leaving for South Africa to begin work on 10,000 BC, a prehistoric epic being directed by Roland Emmerich (Independence Day).

She will play a member of a primitive tribe. The picture sounds like quite a departure, I remark. 'Quite!' she replies. 'It's doing something really difficult.' She has already been working with a dialect coach. 'We're kind of doing a made-up accent that's a mix of a million different things,' she says.
Just then, the family's parrot, Kahlua, who sits in a cage outside, starts chattering, and Belle whispers, 'She's insane. She repeats everything. She's crazy.' Then she giggles again.

When talk turns to When a Stranger Calls, Belle admits the idea of doing a horror film didn't appeal to her at first. She doesn't like being scared, so probably wouldn't see the film herself - and if she wouldn't see it, was it advisable to make it? 'I didn't even read the script,' she says. 'My mom read it and she was like, "Mmm, I don't think it's what you would want to do."'
But then she met with the film's director, Simon West, whose credits include Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and Con Air. 'He was telling me, "I don't want to make this a horror film. I want to make this a really classy psychological thriller,"' she says. '"We want to make it like Wait Until Dark, and you're the Audrey Hepburn character."'

Belle liked West's ideas, so she signed on. What she didn't expect was how physically gruelling it would be to prepare for her character, Jill Johnson, who is an athlete. She had to spend the summer after high school working out intensely. 'All my friends were at the beach or in Hawaii,' she says, 'and I had to run every day. And lift weights! I hated running. My poor trainer - he was like, "Camilla, you can't run. We've got to work on you."'

What she liked better was training to do her own stunts, including an edge-of-your-seat fight scene with her predator. 'The stunt co-ordinator studied with Bruce Lee's former partner, and I had a really good time,' she says. 'But it was brutal. I had welts all down my body.' So many welts, she says, that her mother joked that she couldn't be seen with her. 'She was like, "Oh my God, they're going to think I beat you up,"' Belle says and laughs.
stcamille3.jpg
In Simon West's horror film, When a Stranger CallsDespite her gripes, Belle clearly loves what she does and says she was all but born with an affinity for the spotlight.

At under a year old, she was 'talent' spotted at playgroup, and her mother signed her up with an agency. 'I don't know what I had when I was a baby, but they said, "Oh, she should be in the business,"' Belle says. In classic Hollywood style, there happened to be an agency across the street. Within months, Belle had her first modelling gig.

Her earliest memories of acting are of enjoying the adventure of being on a set and meeting new people. 'The first film I did was about an earthquake, and this girl's panicking and trying to get out of the building, and I was just having such a good time,' she says.

'I was laughing and smiling, and my mom pulls me aside and she says, "Camilla, Camilla, it's serious. I know you're having a good time, but it's supposed to be scary." I was like, "Oooh."'

Belle learnt to keep her emotions in better check for her next films, which included A Little Princess, Practical Magic (in which she appeared as a younger version of Sandra Bullock's character) and The Patriot. She took three years off to attend high school in Los Angeles. But then she came across the script for The Ballad of Jack and Rose, written by Rebecca Miller, Arthur Miller's daughter.

'I fell madly, obsessively in love with it,' she says of the father-daughter tale about idealism gone wrong. The only thing that gave her pause was working with Day-Lewis, whom she'd admired so much since seeing him in The Last of the Mohicans that she worried she wouldn't be able to relax. 'I was having, like, palpitations on the couch,' she says of her state before their first meeting; it was a final audition at a Los Angeles hotel. 'My mom was like, "Calm down." I'm like, "I can't calm down."'

But then the actor drove up on his motorcycle. 'He walks in, he's this kind of skinny little tall man with a leather jacket. He's like, "Oh, hi, nice to meet you,"' she says. 'He was so sweet and so gentle and I kind of just sighed and was like, "OK, good. He rode in on his motorcycle, he's weird, he's really nice. This is going to go well."'

Today Belle says she is 'living one day at a time' and, indeed, her plans for the coming year seem up in the air. She has applied to both Edinburgh and Princeton universities, but she has recently been having second thoughts about going to Scotland.

'If I went, I'd have to stop acting for four years, and it would be really, really difficult to come back all over again,' she says. She hasn't heard from Princeton yet (she will this month), but even if she is admitted, she's not certain she'll be back from filming with Emmerich in time to start the academic year.

'Whatever happens is meant to be, and I'm not going to stress out about it,' she says. If college doesn't work out, she wants to travel and spend time studying languages. She is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese, which she speaks with her mother and grandmother.

How about boys, I ask. Will they play a part in the coming years? Belle smiles but remains silent. Does she have a boyfriend? 'No, I don't,' she replies. Has she dated? 'Yeah, yeah, yeah.' But, she continues, it's not a priority. 'Far from it. I'm perfectly fine by myself - I don't need that for a boost, personally.

'A couple of my friends have had boyfriends for over two years and I'm like, "What are you doing? We're supposed to be having fun and meeting people and not feeling so tied down." This is like they're married.' Belle sees herself married one day, but says the guy will have to be 'really, really special'.
She appears to be enjoying her carefree years and is swept up in the excitement of her imminent trip to South Africa.
But she also doesn't take her good fortune too seriously. When I ask her if she sees herself continuing to act, Belle answers, 'Right now, it's what I enjoy doing. But in five years, I don't know. Maybe I'll want to take off and go live in a little cottage in the country and raise sheep. You know what I mean?'

'When a Stranger Calls' opens on 12 May
Main portrait by Todd Cole
Dress by Zac Posen
Shoes by Miu Miu
Styling by Jewels and Johnny, hair by Mark Townsend and make-up by Sammy Mourabit; all at Magnet LA
Thanks to the Crescent Hotel, Beverly Hills

450SUNDANCE21.jpg

seattlepi.newssource.com

She's stunning, I love her thick eyebrows.

I found these photos. She's fabulous:heart:
from camilla belle online

Attachments

• camilla_1.jpg
    camilla_1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 26
  • camilla_2.jpg
    camilla_2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 19
  • camilla_3.jpg
    camilla_3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Camilla_4.jpg
    Camilla_4.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 33
I love this girl's look :heart:
Thanks for all the pics guys :flower:

i just watched when a stranger calls and she was fantastic, i really believed she was petrified. and she looked good while doing it. what was the name of her disney surfer movie??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheetz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"