Caring for long hair..

^ :lol: it is. thats why when ur washing ur hair, its advised that u wash it with cold or lukewarm water.

I've long straight hair and if I do not wash it every day it looks so ugly.:( I hate it.

I put sometimes coconut oil on my hair-ends. I have the feeling that my hair looks shiny after that.:D

I've tried 100 of different shampoos, but none of them was good enough.:angry:

What does the lemon rinse do?

lemon/vinegar/citric acid rinse removes scaly buildup from soap or hard water and makes the cuticles lie flat, which makes hair silky and shiny and tangle-free. I dont even use conditioner any more.

yes, but lemon also tends to bleach ur hair, slowly but surely..

I've long straight hair and if I do not wash it every day it looks so ugly.:( I hate it.

I put sometimes coconut oil on my hair-ends. I have the feeling that my hair looks shiny after that.:D

I've tried 100 of different shampoos, but none of them was good enough.:angry:

Coconut oil is good for the scalp also. My hairdresser told me that when ends start to get dry,every so often wash your hair as usual with shampoo and then just put a conditioner on the ends without washing out and keep your hair tied up in a bun for the day before washing it out. Works a treat for me.

Also I'm a big believer it getting my hair trimmed regualrly. My hair is about 5 inches longer than my shoulders now and by getting the ends trimmed I've no split ends and it seldom gets dry any more.

^ trimming your hair is so important, i cannot even stress on it enough. You should do it every 3 months imo.

Im not a fan of coconut oil, i prefer castor oil. Mustard oil is good too, but i cant stand the smell hance castor oil. Its a bit thick and you can mix it with almond oil. Its really good.

My hair grows long and thick..

Oh Me - for shampoos you should try the ones by Schwarzkopf.. I find the shampoo's to be great.. :flower:

I'm finding though that my hair isn't staying clean and soft for as long as it used to when it was shorter. Before I could wash my hair every 2-3 days and it would be in great shape,really shiny,but now I'm finding I'm having to wash it daily in order for it to look/feel nice. It still doesn't get dry,but it just isn't as I feel it should be.

Does anyone find that shampoos designed specifically for long hair have any difference? I use Aussie shampoo and they have one for long hair,but I don't know if there will be any difference between that and my normal Aussie shampoo.

oil suiting ur hair varies from person to person. u just have to try a few and see what suits u best.
i swear by castor or almond oil.
coconut is great but ive heard many ppl complain about dandruff.

I wouldn't suggest coconut oil because it has a high potential to clog pores and you might get acne on your face and back.

Here is a list of oils ranked on a scale of low-medium-high comedogenic probablility.

I have really long, straight hair and I also swear by oil treatments. I prefer olive oil since it's low on the comedogenic scale, but I hear sweet almond oil is also amazing.

I will do a full soak every now and again any my hair looks and feels like it should be in a commercial after 2-3 shampoos and conditioner. :heart:

HOWEVER the greatest impact I've seen from using oil in my hair is from mixing it in my shampoo and conditioner. I pour all of the product out of the bottle into a bowl and mix in 2 or 3 teapoons of olive oil into both shampoo and conditioner. My hair has been soooo much softer and sleeker. it's a small dose of oil that goes a really long way.

I've been doing this for about a month with no problems and awesome results. I'm thinking of getting one of those $1 clairifying shampoos and using that once a month or something if my hair starts to feel greasy or sticky (which it has not so far!).

^ yes coconut oil never suited me. I stick to castor oil only :smile:

and ampunes for the scalp. not only do they actually reduce hair loss, they smell great too!

Reviving this. Any good hair masks to recommend?

I swear by coconut oil, and abstaining from any heat (blow drying and cold water showers) made my hair super soft around the summer, but now that it's colder and I need to leave the house early most days, I've been doing the opposite and my hair's resenting it pretty bad.... I keep hearing a lot about Wen masks, same for Carol's Daughter (although most people seem to find it too greasy?), any experiences with these? is Lush' h'suan wen hua treatment worth a shot too?

Reviving this. Any good hair masks to recommend?

I swear by coconut oil, and abstaining from any heat (blow drying and cold water showers) made my hair super soft around the summer, but now that it's colder and I need to leave the house early most days, I've been doing the opposite and my hair's resenting it pretty bad.... I keep hearing a lot about Wen masks, same for Carol's Daughter (although most people seem to find it too greasy?), any experiences with these? is Lush' h'suan wen hua treatment worth a shot too?

aussie's 3 minute miracle works well for me. my hair almost covers my nipples.

how long do you leave coconut oil in for?

we have the same length then! :P

I leave it overnight or about an hour before going in the shower. A girl I met the other day with beautiful shiny hair was telling me how her method is also putting it on before the shower and then going in so that the steam makes it all easy to absorb, and then she's done, no shampoo or conditioner. It all sounded good to me until that last part...

my issue is tangles. and it's made worse in the winter because my hair rubs up against my coat/back of my sweater.

i've been applying gobs of virgin coconut oil to my dry hair about 30 minutes before i shower/shampoo and condition. not sure how effective this is - perhaps i'm just shampooing away the benefits?

if you apply it at night are you sleeping on top of a towel? with my luck i'd get grease stains on my sheets. :doh:

A lot of people apply it on the roots but I don't do that, usually around 1/3 of my hair length at the end and then pull it into a bun so that it doesn't touch the sheets, it's the only way cause when I used to braid it the sheets would definitely get that coconut smell the next morning and I hated that.

not sure this is helpful.. I only splurge in shampoo and don't think too much about conditioner brands, so in one of those mindless conditioner purchases, I got Herbal Essences' The Sleeker The Butter conditioner and whoa, it seriously did the job my John Masters shampoo and coconut oil combined have failed at :lol:.. zero knots throughout the day and super smooth hair (you also walk around with a freshly baked cookie in your head :lol:)... I ran out of it and haven't seen it since then but want to keep using it, it's amazing :heart:.. definitely worth a try, it's cheap and you can always keep on moving if it doesn't work for you.

Anyone here tried inverted hair growth method? Does it work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->