CdG and Yamamoto's winter collections

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian w

Reaction score
what do people think about CdG and Yamamoto's fall/winter collections in the stores now (either men's or women's)? At fist I was underwhelmed by the CdG men's line, it's pretty traditional for them and I am generally attracted to the pieces they do with great color or really interesting fabrics. And everything is black and done in polyester or nylon. But on subsequent visits I've come to really like some of them and the polyester fabric is actually realy cool and comfortable to wear. I wish they had more than black, however (although I love black!). The cuts are really sharp and they have some really interesting pocket detailing. That's why I love Rei Kawakubo, she can do something simple and incredibly tailored as well as her wild, incredibly complicated sculptural pieces. If I get something there it will probably be when it's on sale, if at all.
I absoloutely love the Yamamoto collection, but they only have a tiny portion of the men's available at their SoHo store (but have a huge amount of women's) I love the jackets with the leather detailing. I ended up buying one that was a sharply tailored blazer with a hood attachment and straps on the back you can attach to various places, and zippers that made vents in the back. The women's collection I also think is stunning, really elegant and inventive. I've only recently become interested in Yamamoto and now I'm in love with his designs!

we have a thread for every collection. please do a search for the respective collection and post your questions there. this way it will not only keep this site tidy, but people will be able to visually reference your questions. :flower:

welcome brian w,
please take fausts advice:flower:

thank you faust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stksbnn
Back