Celebrity Houses #2

Ashcottmanor

Reaction score
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

Susan and John Gutfreund Seek to Sell Parisian Apartment

SELLER: Susan and John Gutfreund
SIZE: 5,446 square feet
PRICE: Unknown but no doubt an amount that would melt Your Mama's mind

Lyor Cohen Lists Pricey Pad on the Upper East Side

SELLER: Lyor Cohen
PRICE: $28,000,000
SIZE: 6 bedrooms, 7 full and 2 half bathrooms

Gary Sinise Lists at a Loss

SELLER: Gary Sinise and Moira Harris
PRICE: $1,875,000
SIZE: 4,366 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms

Nancy Daly's Estate Lists Los Angeles Area Homes

SELLER: Estate of Nancy Daly
PRICE :$57,000,000
SIZE: 12,785 square feet, 8 bedrooms, 12 bathrooms

Gossip Queen Janice Min Lists Loft

SELLER: Janice Min
PRICE: $7,395,000
SIZE: 3,795 square feet, 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms

The Real Estate Stalker

Last edited by a moderator:
that gigantic upper east side house made me literally go WOW.

The upper east side house is sick :shock:
I love Nancy Daly's Malibu house :heart:

I am shocked at how tasteful Steven Cojocaru's house is considering.

Lyor Cohen's house is fantastic. Thats what being a record label owner will get you. I love the artwork.

Miley's Moving Out (or Soon Will Be Anyway)

BUYER: Miley Cyrus
PRICE: $3,400,000
SIZE: 4,045 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms

Another Beverly Park Beast Goes Up for Sale

SELLER: A Bit of a Mystery Maybe (But See Below)
PRICE: $21,995,000
SIZE: 29,069 square feet (approx.), 18 bedrooms, 28 bathrooms

Judd Apatow Lists Unfunny House

SELLER: Judd Apatow and Leslie Mann
PRICE: $6,495,000
SIZE: 6,018 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms
The Real Estate Stalker

^My goodness at those 2 houses...........:shock:
Incredible!

Thanks Ashcottmanor:flower:
I love seeing them!

I absolutely LOVE this house and I am so disappointed Jackson snapped it up! :( But like I have 3 million dollars laying around to buy it anyways!:lol:

Jackson Browne Buys Historic House in Los Angeles

BUYER: Jackson Browne
PRICE: $2,660,000
SIZE: 4,075 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms

Kelly Wearstler Lists Beige Beast in Malibu

SELLERS: Brad Korzen and Kelly Wearstler and etc.
PRICE: $21,900,000
SIZE: 5,658 square feet, 6 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms
The Real Estate Stalker

Gary Sinise's Calabasas home is a STEAL! If i had 2 mill laying around, i'd definately buy it lol

more

169m8ie.jpg

The other half of the great room: The kitchen island and bar chairs sit in the foreground, at right, and the dining table is at left. Stairs lead to bedrooms. Abundant cabinetry houses Stansfield's collections of plates and glassware.

2j6q77.jpg

In the dining area, Stansfield designed the table to reference the traditional and modern elements of the house. Working with fellow design consultant Channon Roe, they created a piece with wooden farm tables and a zinc top. "A wooden table would have been too much wood in this room," Stansfield says. "That's why I went with wicker chairs, too. They've got a country aspect to them, but with the zinc, it keeps a nice balance."

acbpeq.jpg

Visitors will find a wink here and there. In the powder room, she papered the walls with what looks like traditional toile. From far away, it looks like a bucolic country scene; up close, the scenes depict urban crime. "People come out of that bathroom with a smile on their face," she says. "I love that. That pattern came in three colors; I of course went for the earth-toned one."

2z6ci8x.jpg

The master bedroom, bathed in natural light. Stansfield says she keeps her decorating options open by maintaining a neutral palette. "I love a woman who can paint a room red, I'm just not one of them," she says.

ddmb0x.jpg

The view from the master window.

2efqscg.jpg

The master bath.

same source

Host of The Insider, Lara Spencer. I don't like this at all, it seems really generic and impersonal.

Lara Spencer's home: Made for the modern family

15n3a1e.jpg

Lara Spencer and David Haffenreffer traded more than time zones last year when they moved from Greenwich, Conn., to Beverly Hills. They crossed architectural decades. Spencer, host of "The Insider" celebrity news show on CBS, and her husband, a former CNN anchor, left behind a bucolic 1901 carriage house and adopted furniture, art and accessories for the 1960s California home they bought for themselves, daughter Kate, and son Duff, pictured here with Spencer.

riu2s4.jpg

Six months of renovations behind them, the couple settled into a fresh mix of Hollywood Regency, midcentury modern and contemporary casual, all modified for family life. The house spoke largely through two original features: its metallic-flecked gray terrazzo floors, which had been hidden under old shag carpeting, and its rotunda. Spencer covered the rotunda's walls with silver-threaded grass cloth. "I call the rotunda the nerve center of the house," she says. "It has five openings, so you can stand here and see into the dining room, living room and family room — and outdoors."

At the center of frame: A Jonathan Adler vase filled with peacock feathers and perched on a mirrored pedestal.

vkrb9.jpg

Spencer replaced the rotunda's debris-filled skylight with a glass clerestory. The light fixture is from Misomod.

30t6tty.jpg

A cool platinum and white palette links the first floor rooms and plays off the refinished terrazzo floor. The living room's pops of brilliance come from acid green, aqua and fuchsia accessories, including an area rug from the Rug Co. a pair of turquoise thrift store lamps and a 1960s cityscape rendered in chartreuse and black that she picked up for $200 on the This Is Not Ikea website.

To replace the shag carpeting, Spencer and Haffenreffer chose dark bamboo flooring because it's a sustainable material and it contrasts with the light walls, glass and terrazzo. The Arco lamp in foreground was found on EBay; reproductions are available at Design Within Reach. The new Arne Jacobsen Egg chair is from DWR, and the sofa is from Room Service in Los Angeles. Spencer found the vintage chrome and Lucite coffee table base at a flea market and had a glass top cut for $100.

29xunpx.jpg

More pop comes in the form of art by Todd Goldman, a Los Angeles painter whose retro-cartoon canvases Spencer describes as "a little naughty." The Goldman painting in the living room reads: "Gold digger: like a hooker, just smarter." That artwork hangs next to a split-level staircase that leads up to three bedrooms and down to a playroom. Spencer and Haffenreffer replaced the staircase wall with vertical bars to make the room feel larger. Note the light fixture above the stairs, peeking through the opening in the wall.

latimes.com

Lara Spencer cont.

69idsi.jpg

That light in the stairwell is a vintage Sputnik lamp from Room Service, which has stores in Los Angeles and Newport Beach. Spencer says lighting is the "jewelry" that finishes a space -- "a fun way to make a big statement." Among her other sources for authentic period lighting or retro-style reproductions: Interior Illusions in West Hollywood and Blueprint in Los Angeles. Spencer also shops the websites Misomod and 1stdibs.com.

70uuro.jpg

Before the remodel: The split-level, 4,000-square-foot home was had been destined for the wrecking ball, Spencer says. "It had been in and out of escrow three times during the year we were house-hunting, and the buyer before us was planning to rip it down." She and Haffenreffer saw beyond the dark paneling, the shag carpeting and the heavy curtains. "It was packed with junk, but I could tell this house had great flow and potential," she says.

In this "before" photo, sections of wall on both sides of the fireplace separated the family room from the living room on the other side. Spencer and Haffenreffer knocked out those partitions to create …

sqtppf.jpg

… a free-flowing space. New quartzite stone clads the original two-sided fireplace. With the partitions gone, the family room here is better connected to the living room. Much of the furniture, lighting and accessories are round, including a C-shaped sectional sofa upholstered in faux ostrich.

Spencer grew up poking around suburban New York's flea markets and yard sales with her mother, learning how to spot a diamond in the rough and how to get an expensive look for less. Her personal interest in furniture and collectibles took a professional turn in 2002, when while working as a "Good Morning America" correspondent she landed a second gig as host of "Antiques Roadshow." Her three-year relationship with the popular PBS program gave her a crash- course in design and decorative arts. In March she heads to the Rose Bowl Flea Market to shoot the pilot for "Fleaflip," which she created with Merv Griffin Productions for the Game Show Network. The show pits teams competing to discover and repurpose the best buys — a concept that Spencer says was inspired by her passion for "the hunt."

6rnfi1.jpg

Seen from the family room, the two-sided fireplace frames the living room on the other side.

20ux11e.jpg

This view looks back toward the rotunda, with the living room on the left, the family room in the foreground and the bar to the far right.

2em3b40.jpg

As part of the bar's renovations, Spencer wrapped the front with patterned mirrored panels found at a vintage shop in Palm Springs. A set of four chrome and white leather bar stools completes the space. The back wall was knocked out, connecting to main living areas to the once-hidden dining room in back.

34tdds8.jpg

To glam up the dining room, Spencer playfully paired a vintage Eero Saarinen Tulip marble pedestal table with 1960s polished aluminum Russell Woodard patio chairs and Rose Bowl Flea Market ottomans that Lara had recovered in hot pink mohair. The Parsons table is from CB2; the rug is from the Rug Co.

same source, more to come

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->