Celebs Who Carry Fake Handbags... Let's Discuss!

I just don't understand why celbs. act cheap with things. Sure getting free things would be nice, but I think they should have to pay for things like everyone else. I think the whole idea of celbs. is kinda of a stupid thing in the first place, how people look up to them.

I just don't understand why celbs. act cheap with things. Sure getting free things would be nice, but I think they should have to pay for things like everyone else. I think the whole idea of celbs. is kinda of a stupid thing in the first place, how people look up to them.

Nothing is free in this world. The only celebs that get free stuff are mainly those often seen in the media. For the companies that endorse these celebs it's "free" advertising. Someone like Lindsay Lohan is seen in papers, blog and magazines so whatever she waears will gain the intrest of the public.

Nothing is free in this world. The only celebs that get free stuff are mainly those often seen in the media. For the companies that endorse these celebs it's "free" advertising. Someone like Lindsay Lohan is seen in papers, blog and magazines so whatever she waears will gain the intrest of the public.

Well of course. Its such a great way to market. But in a sense the celeb. is getting the product free..I mean If someone offered me a pair of Lanvin flats, I would gladly take them and show them off.

My mom knew a lady in L.A. who sells fakes. She said that not only does she sell fakes to be used on the sets of t.v. shows and movies (I guess if they don't show the logo, nobody gets in trouble), she also sells fakes to celebrities. Sharon Stone was one of her customers.

The more somebody makes, the more he or she expects freebies or discounts. My mom had to deal with this when she worked for a Major Luxury Goods store. People pulled all kinds of tricks to avoid paying sales tax. Celebrities are especially bad about this because they are comped so often and the ability to get comps sort of marks your status as a star.

i read in some overseas luxury magazines.
There are actaully limited edition bags that are not released to the public.
For eg in japan, for those veryvery frequent purchasers of Louis vuitton (those mulit billionaire wives/celebrities) are given a special catalog for Louis Vuitton Limited edition bags that are not released to public or magazine publication. They are know as rare bags. Veyr high chances hilton sisters own them, cause i believe if they carry fakes to events, magazine publications would hunt their *** down and degrade them for supporting fakes.

yes, there are rare/limited bags for private VIC as u said, but those will have the basic authentication standard...
like Multicolors LV, no matter what design, it should have correct 33 colors on there and expert will be able to tell...
an example of the "limited/rare" : vernis speedy, vernis keepall

I just can't really accept the fact that filthy rich people would buy replicas, even if they're cheap. It just won't register...

maybe that's why they're filthy rich? they don't spend every penny they have on material goods.

I know quite a few women who can well afford authentic bags (and own some) but also will buy a mirror replica.

First, they don't particularly care what people think about them because their sense of status isn't tied up in people thinking they are wealthy based on their clothing and although they "could" afford whatever the price, they dislike being bamboozled by the marketing departments of multinational corporations into thinking a piece of sewn leather has magic properties. :P

And, also because in the real world no one would know the bag they are carrying is a replica. :lol: :lol:

I know quite a few women who can well afford authentic bags (and own some) but also will buy a mirror replica.

First, they don't particularly care what people think about them because their sense of status isn't tied up in people thinking they are wealthy based on their clothing and although they "could" afford whatever the price, they dislike being bamboozled by the marketing departments of multinational corporations into thinking a piece of sewn leather has magic properties. :P

And, also because in the real world no one would know the bag they are carrying is a replica. :lol: :lol:

amen, amen, amen...

Yikes! What circles do they travel in? :huh:

I do not know but if I can spot them I am sure lots of people can
Posted via Mobile Device

Is it just me or is Chiara from The Blonde Salad blog's Speedy fake? Look how the LV logo is cut off on the side of the bag.
k32881.jpg

image from this post on theblondesalad.com

i don't really know anything about her, but the top monograms on a Speedy 30 are generally cut off

'Shah's of Sunset' star MJ carrying an obviously fake bikrin.

tamaratattles.com

Attachments

• mjvegas.png
    mjvegas.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 62
Is it just me or is Chiara from The Blonde Salad blog's Speedy fake? Look how the LV logo is cut off on the side of the bag.

image from this post on theblondesalad.com

Looks totally fake to me too! Not just the cut-off logo. The colours also seem too bright (the real ones have a tendency to a slight pastel-hue).

I heard most celebs who come to Turkiye buy fake LV and guccis from a place called kapalicarsi.They make almost the same of the authentic bags.I never bought one because even they are ridiculusly expensive and if I'm going to pay that amount of money I would buy authentic on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->