Celine Bags by Phoebe Philo

Crossbody and triple shopper bags are outstanding! Those straps... I'm pretty much drolling as well.

:o

that navy croc edge...
the black on black box...
the grey flannel trapeze...

i need to win the lottery...

i do not like the grey flannel bag. looks a lot like the blankets that are given to the homeless around my city.

i like blade/blaze bags.

The green croc trapeze! :heart:
However given that it's real croc and not embossed, it's probably going to cost an arm and a leg...and then some....!

Every season there really are a few must have pieces that keep things exciting. The winter collection looks gorgeous.

That said I'm dying to find a pair of those fur sandals now but they're sold out everywhere. They grew on me so much - but the best fashion items tend to be the ones that you don't necessarily "get" at first, but after a time they become completely necessary.

I may have just bought something else though :ninja:

QUESTION:

Is the luggage tote overexposed? I wonder if it will be just a flash in the pan kind of bag or a lasting staple? Granted, it has been going strong for some time but lately it feels as though every starlet, WAG and Kardashian is toting one around and while that is nice for Celine I can't help but feel like it is getting to be a little too much.

I had wanted to get one, but now I'm not so sure...

Thoughts on this?

I'm quite torn. Like you said, it's been going strong for a while but it's starting to get watered down like crazy. A bit of its allure died when everyone started carrying it.

But, once the masses move on to the next best thing I'm pretty sure this will remain somewhat of a classic it bag.

So, I do believe it will stand the test of time but only buy it if you reeeeally love it.

I personally think they're overly exposed and aren't as exclusive as they are made out to be, the amount of Luggage/Phantom's I saw yesterday alone was unreal.

QUESTION:

Is the luggage tote overexposed? I wonder if it will be just a flash in the pan kind of bag or a lasting staple? Granted, it has been going strong for some time but lately it feels as though every starlet, WAG and Kardashian is toting one around and while that is nice for Celine I can't help but feel like it is getting to be a little too much.

I had wanted to get one, but now I'm not so sure...

Thoughts on this?

i also feel like it will stand the test of time, but that being said, i'm so glad i got the envelope version of the luggage. you definitely don't see it everywhere (even though i had some people ask me this last fashion week if it was real).

personally, if i were to get the luggage now, i'd go for an unusual color/leather combo rather than a neutral solid.

Thank you guys for your responses!

kimair I can't believe they asked you that... The envelope luggage only came onto the scene not too long ago, people have such short term memory in fashion I swear...

I definitely want to think about the luggage / phantom, I've gotten a couple new bags from Celine but I've been hesitant about the luggage simply because I worry it will be one of those items that a few years down the road they'll be in the back of the closet collecting dust. I've already got a few things like that in my wardrobe :ninja: and I don't want any more. Aiming now to only spend money on timeless pieces, but it is easier said than done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->