Chanel Haute Couture F/W 11.12 Paris

I mean, it was alright. Nothing really exciting. And no, I'm not saying that because it's simple, I'm saying that because that's what I actually think. In fact, the stuff here isn't really simple... it's just not interesting. Simplicity and understatedness and things that aren't extravagant can still be exciting and beautiful, but this isn't.

the background looks magnificent! this is typical chanel, but i believe the details won't be the same with any other collections before

i certainly dont hate it but..i dont like it either. it doesn't inspire any feelings in me actually. which might be worse then outright dislike! really i havent been excited by anything chanel since the iceberg show last winter.

when karl try sth new, many people say it's terrible not chanel at all...when he come back to typical chanel, people say it's boring...chanel must be the hardest brand to design...

This dress is to die for! So gorgeous :heart: There's something vintage about it that I love.

Its getting very hard for me to differentiate some of Chanel's HC stuff and RTW. This maybe a safe sellable collection, but it doesnt really inspire any feelings in me. Meh.

Michaela's dress :heart:
nowfashion.com

Am I the only one who feels left out just because I do not know the name of every model even though this is the Designers and collections forums? *sigh*

Anyhoo .. I was expecting more for a show EVERYONE was excited because it took place at night ... yes, there was a tiny infusion of color and the shapes are spot on .. but still, I kinda wanted more :P

It's more P-A-P than Couture, but I like it, since Summer 2010 I didn't dream with a Chanel Couture Show, good for Karl!

vogue.it

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! I am sure this boring collection has being made to dress that rich ladies who are tired of life...

thanks for the HQ, this details looks great

elletvfashion/youtube

I actually love this collection... It's like Chanel with a bit of an edge.

There is only the one dress on Sasha that actually moved me, but I guess it´s mostly because of the chiffon cape. Pretty indifferent to the rest.

I'm very confussed. 5 pages only for a Chanel show. What's going on.

Hrm...beautiful set, but...wow, never been underwhelmed by a Chanel collection and I really don't know how to respond to it : /.......

It's doesn't look modern. Sorry. The proportions are ugly , it's so unflattering and I barely see the difference with the rtw collections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoutshonor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->