Chanel will no longer repair bags more than five years old

No one has mentioned how stupid CC's repair process was/is anyway.
SIX MONTHS WAIT and you get NO price estimation until it's in Paris and being serviced. So your bag can be gone for a year. And oops it's damaged on its return.
Well poor you then.

Really? You had to pay for the repair on top of it? I though it would be for free… this decision now makes no kind of sense to me now. Just petty and driven by greed.

Five years is the same timeframe Ethan Allen guarantees their furniture for (a brand I have sworn to never buy from again after my bed collapsed at 2 am in perfect synchrony with a huge thunderclap--after, naturally, the guarantee had run out).

:lol:

Even middle-bracket mattresses have 10 year warranties…

I owned a lot of Dooney & Bourke when I was younger ... every bag had a lifetime guarantee, although the reality was that the quality they produce was never going to last any kind of normal lifetime. But the deal was that you sent your item in, they would repair or replace (in my case it was replace every time), and that meant 50% of the current retail of that bag or similar toward any new bag of your choice. I thought then and still do that this was a good deal. Unfortunately my taste outgrew them + they started targeting the tween market. Don't know if they still offer this guarantee that's so much better than what Chanel offers?

This sounds horrible. I am sure there was a better way to handle re-sellers stealing their business, for example introduce the 'receipt only' strategy without the 5 year bulls*it.

Really? You had to pay for the repair on top of it? I though it would be for free… this decision now makes no kind of sense to me now. Just petty and driven by greed.

Yes you have to pay. Same with Hermes.
Neither repairs things free of charge.

Considering that bags can get heavy use, I think charging is reasonable.

Imagine if Mercedes or Jaguar announced that their dealers would no longer service cars more than 5 years old, and then only if you were the original owner.

Gucci customer wants refund for 'fragile' $800 bag

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-fragile-800-bag/story-fni0fit3-1226678986304

His case comes as a Chanel customer takes similar tribunal action over claims her $5000 black lambskin handbag is substandard. Noble Park woman Phung Nguyen bought her bag in December 2011 from the boutique label, and has complained to VCAT of pilling and fading.

Chanel bosses told a recent tribunal hearing the bag wasn't defective, and blamed wear and tear.

That matter has been adjourned so an expert witness can prepare an independent report on the bag.

Chanel relies on its reputation from 10 years ago. The quality has been atrocious for almost 10 years now.

Show me ONE customer who bought something post GFC that has not had an issue with their products.

Five years is the same timeframe Ethan Allen guarantees their furniture for (a brand I have sworn to never buy from again after my bed collapsed at 2 am in perfect synchrony with a huge thunderclap--after, naturally, the guarantee had run out).

I was just reading in the current issue of Afar about a 6th-generation family-owned Japanese business that makes metal tea canisters. They also make other things, like a teaset sold through Margaret Howell. Their products have a lifetime guarantee, and they just repaired one of their products that was over 100 years old that a grandparent had purchased, no questions asked. Now that is the kind of company I like to do business with. Mention lifetime guarantee and you have my attention. Five years ... I spit on five years :wink:

:sick:

So basically Tupperware trumphs Chanel!:lol:

So their quality truly went down post it? Have you noticed this among other brands?

Chanel - drastically. A total nosedive.
Yes to all other brands but they also haven't increased their prices to just laughable figures acting like they are superior to other houses.

Other houses are little changes every year which add up. Like Gucci giving one dust bag per pair of shoes v one per shoe, discouraging/ no longer offering boxes for bags (for "environmental reasons").

Hermes' quality has dropped too definitely.
But nothing like chanel's

This is ridiculous! I've never even seen damage on a Chanel bag younger than 10 years old, so this is a totally ludicrous money-making scheme-customers will just take their bags to refurbishers instead!

One of the few things Chanel do that I actually like and they go ruin it. What a slap in the face for their customers. My opinion can only go lower now....

Wow and I was about to take two of my flaps for repair! They both are about 8/9 years old. This makes me angry :ermm:

They just want to sell more, probably because most are buying them cheaper and then getting them repaired. So in order to prevent this, it's actually a good idea from their point of view.

If L.L. Bean can manage to completely REPLACE an item, you'd think a company like Chanel could manage to repair a bag.

Just another way to save money for the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->