Cheap Chic - Bargain Hunting

^ Yes... honestly, could have done with another strap, though. Not too fond of the one strappers, but hopefully I will be able to wear something over it. :smile:

TJ Maxx can best be summed up as hit or miss... Marshall's is much better for actual finds and is much easier to navigate through in my opinion, but it's also a tad more expensive. Ross is the cheapest but makes TJ Maxx look organized. :wacko: I found a Red Carter swimsuit at Marshall's for forty bucks once- a total steal if you ask me, less than what they usually charge for a single piece!

^ I don't like the TJ Maxx in my town, nor the Marshall's or even Ross. :o-_- Maybe I'm just being picky, but mostly they are disorganized. My best bargains are usually at consignment stores. There are some lower-end consignments that carry decent Banana Republic and jeans from Buckle.

I don't think you're being picky, because I think those stores all vary so much. The TJ Maxx in my hometown is great for handbags and lingerie but the LAST place I'd go to for shoes or swimwear (the sportswear is decent and the evening wear is abysmal or nonexistent). But I went to another TJ Maxx in a town four or five hours away from mine and it was the worst shopping experience I've had in a long, long time. I've always had good luck with Marshalls, though, and when you find a bad Ross, it's downright traumatizing. :shock:

when you find a bad Ross, it's downright traumatizing. :shock:
Oh my God, isn't that the truth... :judge: I think the housewares section of Ross is only part of it I can handle.

This sounds like just the thread for me! But I find that if you have a small budget you don't have to buy peices that lack quality. (Although, forever 21 has saved my life a couple times). I shop primarily at Forever 21, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and vintage or thrift stores. I buy higher end items for low prices. Here are some deals that I've scored:
-Christian Dior Vest $8
-Burberry Headband $19
-Burberry Silver Check Clutch $19
-Burberry Teddy Bear $9
-Burberry 100% Chashmere Earmuffs $29
-Burberry Poncho $69
-Burberry EyeGlass Case $19
-Juicy black terry capris $8
-Ellie Tahari Jeans $6
-Juicy Pink terry pants $12
-100% Cashmere Sweater $12 (no name)
-Miss Sixty top $3
-James Perce Skirt $1
-LA Made Tank $1
-Design History Tank $3
-C&C Tank $2
-Free People Tank $2
-2 LA Made Tanks $2 ea.
-Free people top $5
-Free people dress $10
-Kate Spade Rain Flats $10
-2 LP Belts $7 ea.
-Ellie Tahari Blazer. $20 Orgional was somewhere around $400
-Michael stars Cami$5
-AG Skinnies$29
-Michael Stars Cami $3.50
-Mui Mui Sunglasses $19.99
-Mui Mui Sunglasses Case/Cleaner/Box $3.99
-Joe's Jeans $60
-Ugg Slippers $30
-100% Silk development by erica Davis (orig. around $500) for $29
-DKNY Silk dress $29
-Ali Ra Dress $20
-Velvet Dress $20
-Juicy Couture Capris in Navy $20
-Black Label Ralph Lauren Navy Polo (Org. $255) for $15
-Velor Juicy Couture Zip-up in sky blue $12
-French Connection LBD $7
-Oscar de la Renta Dress $3
-Free People top $7
-Free People Dress $10
-Wolford Tights $10
-Givenchy Tights $2 ea.

Oh gosh that's a lot! Its not that I never buy things at full price, but I get a rush out of getting expencive stuff for cheep. I also have countless other thing like BCBG tops and dresses for $10-$20, Cashmere sweaters for $10-$20. I now make a point of not buying things I know I can get at a lower price.

I also have a blog where I update with what I get, love, like, etc. but I don't know If I'm allowed to post the link.

Wow, when it comes to shopping you rock! :mohawk: What kind of vintage stores do you go to? Cause the best I've ever found at thrift stores were a BCBG dress for $3.50, a Betsey Johnson dress for around the same, and a Betsey top for $1.75.

I'd love to check out your blog FashionST, your buys sound AMAZING!!!!!!

Thanks everyone! Honestly, I live in a city where fashion is not important, at all. So most people don't recognize most brands. I stop by Marshall's at least 1 time per week, there's one very close to my house which is where I get the majority of my wardrobe. Also, Whenever a store closes, even if I've never been there before, I check it out even if its with in the last week (When Filene's Basement was closing i got a lot of good stuff, and when a local department store closed I got my mannequin). For vintage, there's just one that I know of in my part of town(That would acctually make sence for me to go to), and they usuallly over price stuff. But when they have discounts or damaged items, I jump. Like a $3 Vince Sweater or a $2 C&C California top. And my $8 christian dior vest had a stain on the inside (some weird green something, I don't even know), but we got it dry cleaned and it came out good as new. I've also been to a few thrift stores once or twice, I got ellie tahari jeans for $5 and a splendid cardigan for $3 at goodwill, and the oscar de la renta dress for less than $3 at a local thrift store. The most important thing you need when shopping for bargans is time and patience.

^ Wonderful. :flower: Thank you.

I guess consignment stores that take designer goods are probably good places to search. I actually saw one consignment store that was selling a fake Prada bag on its shelves. WTF? :huh: My mother actually got a pair of Prada shoes at Goodwill. ^_^

WOW I cannot beat FashionST,I mean I've brought secondhand designer stuff but never at those prices! except for a YSL mens shirt I just wear around the house.
Though recently I brought a MaxMara skirt in my department store,that was 90% off,marked down to 95$ from 555$. Best find ever.

Most of it was acctually bought new. Crazy right? And they weren't like old weird styles that looked ugly. I did do some of that at the burberry sample sale at woodbury commons, and at woodbury commons, and century 21 in NYC. But aside from that, on an everyday basis I shop mostly at Marshalls. Its harder for me to make it out to the thrift and consignment stores.

Hmmm. Waiting for the next round of yellow stickers. I think it happens around the first part of June?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehousedownboots
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->