Chloé F/W 2018.19 by Steven Meisel

zzzyao76

Reaction score
Models: Liu Wen, Kris Grikaite, Aaliyah Hydes, Sophie Koella, Rianne van Rompaey & Grace Hartzel

Omg, I'm smitten with Liu Wen here, and so glad Meisel took a break from Fei Fei! When she tilts her chin into the sunlight, so regal and glamorous. :heart: One can tell the focus was supposed to be on Kris, who just look cutesy pretty, and Rianne. But Liu more than held her own next to them.

I don't really understand the point of the video, maybe the narrative is too weak. The repeated sequences with different looks, it gets old fast despite being under 3 minutes.

The editing annoys me so much. You either do seamless or don't go for this concept, don't you jump between similar shots that aren't quite the same on me.

Some random choices for the cast. And surprised Fran isn't part of this.

Happy to see Kris tho.

Liu proving why she's an icon in this industry! Even with the amazing Rianne and Kris, she just pops. Her presence is strong and undeniable. She got me excited here! This is probably an UO but it's refreshing to see Grace back under Ashley's good graces. I do like the cast and I think the print ad (probably screengrabs again lol) would be good, but I'm hoping they'll shake the concept up soon.

Liu Wen is perfection. Love that she got this ad

A sleep pill.Deluxe version of Coach and the wannabe version of LV. Such a pity that Kris working with Steven (finally) is not even exciting.

I'm happy for Grace tho.

What is with Meisel's campaigns this season? I'm with Scotty - this looks like one of his many Coach advertising campaigns, or at least it just looks like a bright and summery version from the video. I'll reserve final judgment until the stills surface but not feeling this one just yet!

I'm not impressed by the campaign but I'm in love with Liu, who is clearly the standout here and elevates what would have been an other campaign in the streets of New York by Meisel. It's like the pastel version of Coach, as others have already pointed out.
Also I don't understand the concept of the video (if there is one ). Kris is so beautiful but I think she doesn't have a great connection with the video camera: sometimes she looks lost and it seems like she doesn't know what to do. But the cast overall is nice. Happy to see Grace back to Meisel/Ashley.

Great casting, beautiful color and view, but the content is pointless. And i totally agree with alll the Coach comments.

Liu is the star here. So captivating on screen. But the campaign is extremely week. And that is a really long video with no narrative nor execution to make it interesting. It's also very close to Meisel's Coach.

It's not as bad but reminds me of that Dior campaign with captions :sick:

I love it! Although I did spend the entire video trying to figure out what they were actually doing. Maybe it's meant to be dream-like.

My favourite is Rianne, the girl should be an actress with presence like that.

I'm thrilled that Liu got the campaign, she definitely deserves more!!

I love it! Although I did spend the entire video trying to figure out what they were actually doing. Maybe it's meant to be dream-like.

My favourite is Rianne, the girl should be an actress with presence like that.

Clearly they're on America's Next Top Model. The challenge is to climb on to the ramp then give your signature walk and pose, then you have to ride a bicycle with high heels and ride around the audience while smizing and looking fierce. Duh!

Clearly they're on America's Next Top Model. The challenge is to climb on to the ramp then give your signature walk and pose, then you have to ride a bicycle with high heels and ride around the audience while smizing and looking fierce. Duh!

Lol, what a great description. I didn't pay attention to that until you mentioned it. 1:07 When they bump on the runway because she is jealous of the other girl...:lol: and then the you-cannot-sit-with-me attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->