Choosing the color of investment items

I'm starting to design my wardrobe around grey - since it's the neutral that looks best on me. It also works with all the other colours I usually wear -- black, white, red, yellow, ash brown and so forth.

I think having expensive items in similar neutrals is good -- unless you want a pop of colour to use with neutral basics...

when figuring out colors to get, with high end purchases, white is always a no-no for me with bags and shoes. Too much $$ and too high maintenance, so much that it will take away from my enjoyment of whatever is is i would buy. white leather is VERY high maintenance and i'd rather not have to worry about that.

I know many gals say tan, khaki, chocolate and black are all staples, but you really need to figure out which colors work best for you, IMHO. i find that a more redish brown is more favorable to a true chocolate brown for me. Tan doesn't work for my but cognac colors do. It's simply a trial and error thing. but you should always have a good black bag and a wicked pair of black shoes to go with them. I personally dont wear much of any colors and so subtle changes and tones and textures of neutral colors really do it for me. i have tried like hell to incorporate colored bags into my wardrobe, but it just doesn't work. all end up either for sale on ebay or i donate them. i just cant do the color thing and feel comfortable.

i also like a lot of bags, of which less would actually look good in my wardobe. when shopping, you really need to think about your most favortie things you wear, and if that possible purchase will work with what you have or compliment it. that's an important thing im just learning now. i have to think first and if the bag fits into my wardrobe, i'll get it. otherwise, it's just a style i like to look at and isn't practical for use.

and the whole silver and gold thing: i think if you match them, you can look more put together, but i dont think it's so much of a fashion-dont now-a-days. :flower:

Agree ... I call that color tobacco & used it alot in the past for bags, shoes, belts, and it always looked great with black ... especially woven leather, or croc.

Now my clothes are more neutral than they used to be, and I like a pop of color in my accessories. Right now I have a leopard-print bag, and it works with everything in my fall wardrobe except one purple tweed jacket. I love all my red shoes ...

60% of my wardrobe is navy. all i need now is a ferocious tan/beige/sand colored jacket and i guess my wardrobe would be pretty much complete.

I usually try to pick a very common versatile color, since I'll be spending some serious cash I want to be able to wear it for a while, and with different items.

I have to admit that the investment item I bought recently was black ... a very exciting black I want you to know :P

I agree with everyone. It really depends on your wardrobe and what colors you wear. If you buy a black bag, but do not wear a lot of dark colors or colors that go with black, it will not be a good investment for you. Stick with a color you know works best for you.

I always buy in dark brown, camel, black and white...for investment pieces such as bags and shoes, or even coats.

I struggle with this question often but usually end up choosing a safe color like black. If you want something different, a good way to figure out which colors would be best for you may be to take a look a any inexpensive bags you already own. Do you find yourself reaching for a particular color more often than the others? If so, this may be a good color to invest in since you already know it will work with your wardrobe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->