Christian Dior 1996-2002 : The John Galliano Early Years

Spike413 said:
^ Absolutely, Mr. Dale. It's what's on the runway, especially the couture runway, that makes me admire Galliano. All of the quick-selling crap that funds the house can't erase the fact that what John puts on a couture runway, he's putting a piece of himself out there. He's one of very few fashion designers that I think has a passion, a true love for what he does. Just the way he speaks of each collection, it's like they're his baby, he just absolutely loves what he does.

Yes, I forgot to pint that out too. The passion with which he speaks about his collections is just amazing. I like the SS 05 couture collection way better now, since I heard him talk about it so elaborately and passionately at fashionfile.com. :blush:

I was listening to Gallianos interviews...He is a genius, the way he thinks is so completely breathtaking. The interview on the Clochards collection, such genius.

Spike413 said:
That black gown with the Masai beaded corset and floral train is one of my favorite things he's ever done, at Dior or anywhere else.

3808301john-galliano.JPG

Heres a bigger picture, but it isnt really clear..

Here's a picture from Firstview of that gown.....

00007.L.JPG

and a link to all the Dior shows...some aren't available, but the majority are.

Firstview.com

-Malgosia Bela (Dior summer 99 hc).
-Audrey Marnay (vogue us march 99, from bwgreyscale)
-Parade.

Attachments

• 10pmalgosia.jpg
    10pmalgosia.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 54
  • ravishingcouture_bw06.jpg
    ravishingcouture_bw06.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 77
  • ravishingcouture_bw04.jpg
    ravishingcouture_bw04.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 86
  • parade_bw08.jpg
    parade_bw08.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 141
just discovered this thread- the pictures are amazing. I like his old stuff better than what he's doing now, it seems

i love, adore the fall 97 collection
very 30's chinese poster/adgirl look..love it

Hum ... this is a good thread ... its a miracle I havent seen a pic of Naomi wearing the laser cut white dress for Galliano's first couture show for Dior ... that's memorable!

i love his creativity..but sometimes i find that how the clothes turned out is way too influenced by his inspirations that it turned out more period costume than a translation of a period in modern language

but letting people fantasize is his mission in fashion land..so keep it up, john

ultramarine said:
Hum ... this is a good thread ... its a miracle I havent seen a pic of Naomi wearing the laser cut white dress for Galliano's first couture show for Dior ... that's memorable!
:magic: ....

00047.L.JPG
00048.L.JPG

firstview

Galliano Rules

Don`t forget! It is impossible forget the early
Galliano years in Paris.
Dreaming and cutting on the floor...

He always gave us the best show of the seasons.
He makes cool mixed images fully of passion and romance
and gave us the most exquisite
and crazy moments of our fashionista-lives…
:brows:
Isn´ t John delicious?
He is spectacular since he started until now.
His powerful hands
knows knocks your brain!
:brows:
These pictures are from
www.firstview.com

01.jpg.JPG 02.JPG.JPG

03.jpg.JPG 04.jpg.JPG

05.jpg.JPG 06.jpg.JPG

07.jpg.JPG 08.jpg.JPG

09.jpg.JPG 10.jpg.JPG

... from Galliano own label. - Of course dear :brows:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love everything he does!

I know alot of you are saying you don't like his new stuff as much....but I don't feel like his losing something...he's just moving the collections in a different direction I guess, either way I love everything he does!! He's so amazing as a person too !!

Can you forget this?
Shalom Harlow at Dior Haute Couture Fall/Winter 1997-8
shalom018.jpg

(you.com.au)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"