Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2018.19 Paris

I haven't heard anyone even mention Dior couture since the show. This is really not good.

I haven't heard anyone even mention Dior couture since the show. This is really not good.

This is the first thing I genuinely truly loved from her at Dior. Easily one of my favorite couture collections ever.

First, I like that she made clothes women can actually wear. I don't buy into the idea that couture is a fantasy spectacle and should be made to entertain people over the internet.

I like the idea that couture is for women to get on with their day. I like the idea that the grandness, wonder and amazement of haute couture is private experience only for the wearer and the people she knows in her day-to-day rather than some random onlooker who has no intention of buying or wearing the clothes.

Why should a woman dress to please strangers on the internet? Why should Maria Grazia deign for them?

Of course I live for technical wizardry and astounding craftsmanship and details of haute couture but this collection has it in spades. Yes the shapes and styles are simple and classic but the construction and sewing is so incredibly refined and delicate, so thoughtfully and carefully engineered. A lot of it is truly awe-inspiring. It makes a lot of other couture this season and from the past look like rags.

Zoom in close and really look at how those clothes are made and sculpted. Pieces like the macrame dress boggle the mind.

Thought exquisite, it is a mature, sophisticated yet extremely subtle collection. I understand why there are so many naysayers. I ask they take a closer look at the details and imagine how these clothes might actually play out possibly uplift our real, modern lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->