Clothing through sound and motion : Showstudio project

helena

Swim Upstream
Reaction score
Project Description Last updated 11.38 Friday 14th October

The printed page has determined the way fashion looks since women's magazines were first introduced. For over three centuries garments have appeared as if frozen still. Nick Knight's key motivation for founding SHOWstudio was to investigate the representation of clothing through sound and motion; perhaps the last great challenge in fashion image making. 'Moving Fashion' aims to exploit this exciting new opportunity through an in-depth study of fashion film.
Over the next three months, we will screen a newly commissioned series of films produced by many of the leading figures responsible for determining what fashion looks like. Each short is a personal response to the simple SHOWstudio brief of "creating a thirty second film featuring a moving garment from the Autumn/Winter â??05-6 collection". Collectively, the films act as a â??collections story brought to lifeâ??. In addition, our viewers are challenged to create a thirty second short from an hour of exclusive, selected footage from John Gallianoâ??s Spring/Summer â??06 show. These will be screened alongside those by selected guest editors at the end of the project.
Discussion of the films and the editing process is encouraged throughout and a special area will be set aside for this ongoing fashion film conversation. Key themes arising will be raised in a Live Discussion Panel Event scheduled for the end of the project, when viewers will have a chance to put their questions to contributors, industry experts and critics via live iChat.

from www.showstudio.com

This sounds interesting, I didn'tk now that Nick Knight founded Showstudio. Regardless, something about showstudio really puts me off. I feel like I can't be bothered to go through all the effort of looking/deal with these complicated projects with extraneous bits to them.

thanks for posting, helena. i have been watching some of the films in the past weeks (unfortunately i missed the tim walker one). they aren't exactly ground breaking but some nice eye candy, and, what i always like about showstudio, give me ideas for my own projects, it's very inspiring to see people who constantly out-put something....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->