Color Contact Lenses

BagGal

Reaction score
I'm considering getting color contacts, but I'm still trying to decide what color to get. I'm asian, I have long black hair, and (currently :P ) dark brown eyes.

Anyone have suggestions? :unsure: :flower:

I really don't like seeing asian girls with blue or green contacts, I think it looks totally unnatural..

Try something like honey or grey

I agree PradaP, I've seen people looking quite creepy with colour contacts! But grey could be a good choice if you don't stare/glare :wink:

Sorry i disagree! I have an Asian background myself and my friend who is oriental used to wear green colored contact lens with her naturally dark hair, and she looked beautiful. I have also seen Asian girls wear blue contacts and im fond of the way it looks also. :flower:

Thank you PradaP, chocsta, Choisir, and vintage_princess for your input :flower:

:P i have color contacts too! i luv em :heart:
can you get a free trial at your opticians? that's the best option.

otherwise, hazel/honey & grey are all safe choices.
but i think green&blue look really stunning :wub:

Color contacts can potentially look creepy, especially if they really don't go with your eyecolor. They can look horrible even if they do match a bit, though! I saw this girl (who happened to be asian) wearing green/hazel contacts over brown eyes and looked just awful...or maybe they were just a different shade of brown, but they were so obviously fake and made her eyes look awful.

Some colored contacts can look beautiful, though. I especially like the kind that only goes kind of in the middle and out to compliment your own eyecolor rather than covering it a bit more completely. This probably wouldn't look good in blue over brown eyes, but...oh, well. I don't know how this type of contact would work if you want a really drastic change.

Grey sounds beautiful. I really like grey eyes. They're unusual and also lovely (especially on someone asian). Also, the fakeness wouldn't be too obvious, but they would also be striking on as asian face at the same time.

Try different colors to see what you like, though. Who knows? Maybe the blue will look smashing and the grey will be a bust. It's entirely possible! In fact, deninitely try the blue, but don't be bummed if it doesn't happed to work. I would go in with some idea of what color to get and then see what really looks the best rather than having your heart set on a color and getting theem even though they look dreadful .

Don't get anything that makes your eyes look too much like you have solid caps over your irises as that will certainly detract from your eyes' beauty, not add. Certain shades look especially like this, although some of them are quite bearable. This is what particularly bothered my about that other girl's eyes, but I've seen some that work even in colors like violet.

I dont like colored contacts they make your eyes bug out of your head... :yuk:

I think any color can go on an asian you just gotta find the right tone of color....I'm Asian and have no prob with the contacts.

I'm wearing contact that aren't fully colored, but are color enhancers...I got a green enhancer and have light brownish/brown..so when I got it on I have a hazel eye and it looks natural...

I tried a bright blue and it does not go well, but a lighter sky blue looked good, but I didn't get em...I think its just all about the right shade.

I'm sorry I think coloured contacts on asians looks really really bad!! BUT this one girl i knew who was asian had purple....it was subtle...very nice ...nothign dramatic and it actually looked good.....otherwise it depends on your freatures maybe grey or a light brown.......otherwise sorry sorry sorry it just doesn't look good :flower:

I don't like colored contacts on anyone. They always look fake. Why not embrace your natural eye color? I wore blue contacts for several years before I realized that my natural green was much prettier, and now I just wear clear ones.

One of my friends with a gorgeous pale porcelain complexion and glossy raven black hair got green contacts. Very ethereal but I think it takes the right person to pull that off. Hazel would be a very safe flattering choice.

i also disagree, some Asian girls with coloured eyes look cool B)
parfum_cacharel-noa.jpg

I am Asian and I had hazel contacts...I realize now how BAD they looked on me.

But I have seen some Asian girls with blue and green contacts and they looked beautiful. I think you have the right complexion... to pull it off

As long as the fakeness is not too much "in your face", contacts are fun! Honey/brown is def the safest bet if you want to make sure you don't end up looking funny! :P

Originally posted by chocsta@Apr 17th, 2004 - 12:48 am
I agree PradaP, I've seen people looking quite creepy with colour contacts! But grey could be a good choice if you don't stare/glare :wink:
Grey is THE best choice .. my friend wears grey contacts (he's from Hong Kong) and they look fab! Go for it!

:lol: I think it's just fun! Well, my passport actually had me sporting purple contacts, and I'm asian...

It's just temporary in my opinion, like a henna tattoo

Originally posted by PradaP@Apr 16th, 2004 - 10:51 pm
I really don't like seeing asian girls with blue or green contacts, I think it looks totally unnatural..

Try something like honey or grey
im with you

try light brown or hazel if you must have colored lenses.
but dont go for blues and green because they wont look good.

i'm from pakistan with arab decent and i've got fairly fair skin. i tried grey on me and they looked nice. blue didnt do the trick. green made me look horny :brows:
:lol:

i sooo wanted to get one of those shaded lenses. the ones i liked best were medium brown with a tinch of green-grey in the middle :woot:
but then my doctor said that i have ultra sensitive eyes and i cant have normal prescription lenses like everybody else :(
with my complicated number, mine would cost more than 500 dollars :shock: and i cant afford that...not yet! :blush: :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieRunway
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->