Color Contact Lenses

vintagebaby said:
You should definitely be careful when you are buying colored contacts. I tried a pair of brown contact lenses and because the 'fit' was not correct for my eyes, I ended up having a bacterial infection in both eyes.
Now, I can't even wear my own contacts for at least a month!! Just remember to be careful :smile:

i've never heard of a bacterial infection just due to the fit. did you get a corneal ulcer first as a result of the misfit contacts and then get the infection??

young_princess said:
which brand gives the most natural look? Im asian and i wanna try blue but i dont want to look like a blind girl LOL. suggestions anyone? thanks!
There was a phase of my life (about 2 years) when I wore only colored contact lenses... and I had a set of blue, grey, and green ones (i'm asian too, and naturally have very dark brown eyes)... they were addictive, but only looked good if you looked at my straight on (so to me, when i looked in the mirror, it looked good always)...

people always told me my natural color looked better; and if people got up close, no matter what brand (the best brand i found was Fresh Look, for comfort and fit and quality), they can tell it is fake; and the guys i dated all didn't like the look of the colored contacts when we were up close and personal. (But I still wore them cuz they were fun and looked cool anyways).

They're great for nightclubbing, when the lights are dimmed, and it's night time outside, but that's about it. They really highlight your eyes and make your eyes "pop." (They sometimes GLOW in blacklight, too; which was fun at those all night raves etc...)

In the bright sun's rays, you it looks hideous to anyone within 5 feet from you, espeically if they are not looking at you straight on, but at a slight angle (which is actually most of the time).

Last edited by a moderator:
thewannabe, i totally understand what you are saying from a spectactor view! :D

I saw this girl at the beach some years ago, and she hd brown contacts, she looked like an insect! lol :D

I've been wearing this Complements brown color for about two decades now

Attachments

• ddw.jpg
    ddw.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 58
I used to wear colour contacts A LOT! Don't really anymore, can't be bothered with the buggers!

I wore the Freshlook Dimension collection, it was made specially for light eyes only and were tints, not opaque lenses.

Here is my eye colour naturally-

diorshow.jpg

here is 'Pacific Blue'

bluey.jpg

wearing 'Sea Green'

greeneyes.jpg

and 'Caribbean Aqaua'

aqua.jpg

pardon the quality!!

I personally think green contacts looks really nice on asian girls.
I have a friend who's Cambodian, she's naturally pretty dark, with black hair, and she ususally wears green contacts and they look gorgeous!
I was thinking about getting contacts, and was either going to get green or a honey colour (Im asian as well) ...but never ended up doing so.

I think a violet would look GORGEOUS. A subtle dark violet though, not one that's obviously fake... but if it looks real on, it would be so stunning & unique. I had tons of colored contacts in 8th grade...hah I don't really like them anymore though.

^ it is normal Aishwarya Rai have green eyes :smile:

having contact scares me because im even to scare to touch my eyeball, but there was one time when i got my hair cut there was a girl ask me if im wearing contact or not :s
but i like the freshlook radiance, even thought i dont think i will wear them anyways:P

Wearing colour contact lenses too often is not good for our eyes no? I'm not sure,just it heard from somewhere. btw

Juicy
: You've got gorgeous eyes!! :flower:

^wearing any kind of contact lens for too long is generally bad for your eyes.
color contact lenses are fun. i used to wear them back in high school... it'd be fun to try them again but in a more subtle color like hazel.

pichu888 said:
^wearing any kind of contact lens for too long is generally bad for your eyes.
How so? I've been wearing contacts for about 3 years now.. I have TERRIBLE eyesight. -7 in the right eye, & -6.5 in my left. I need contacts. :innocent:

i feel the color have to work well with yr skin color, cos some ppl's skin are pink base or blue base or yellow base etc... asian may be fair but some are like yellowish and not pink/red like caucasions...

for me, light brown is the best

I have a friend who's asian (from korea originally) who has these beautiful honey/yellow/almost golden contacts. It looks SO amazing! Not fake or anything, just... magnetizing! If I was asian I'd definitely try that out...

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about getting some colour lenses for a while now, just for occasional wear. I am middle eastern and celtic mixed so I have very dark brown/black hair with tinges of red, dark brown eyes and quite fair skin.

I have been thinking about hazel/gold colours and maybe green. Can anyone reccommend a brand or 'style' of lens that might work. I would prefer something subtle that people couldn't tell I was wearing.

Thanks!

L.A.Trash

Hey Juicy,

Naturally I have dark brown eyes but often they look lighter in the summer. I have been looking at Freshlooks radience lenses as they supposedly don't change your eye colour too dramatically but enhance and lighten it slightly.

Has anyone tried these?

Any opinons would be very helpful :flower:

L.A. Trash

yup the radience are cool, i think you should try Sunrise. They just add a bit of sparkle to your eye and lighten the inner circle of your iris.

Try those or any duo or tri blended coloured lenses, they're the most natural. Nothing opaque or solid.

no troubles bubbles :wink:

When you go to your eye doc to get them, ask if you can try them on :smile: Sounds odd but when i first got into them my eye doc had demo lenses for all collections and brands so if you want to see what they're like, ask him if you can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->