Coloring Your Hair at Home - Brand recommendations

I use L'Oreal Preference and I agree, it doesn't damage my hair.

L'oreal Excellence Creme is the least damaging, and stays the best. I also like Ion Color Brilliance, which you can get at Sally's. You have to buy everything seperately, which is great for custom mixtures. It didn't damage my hair at all. I don't think I would use anything else. There are some really aweful at-home dyes.

I've been using Feria from l'Oreal for the last 4 years and it works great on me, plus it doesn't dammage my hair at all. :smile:

Are there any brands that don't have harsh chemicals in them?

I want ot dye my hair red. i used garnier-something for a while and it was great after the first shampoo, the color just goes away with the water. i have dark brown hair now but i want it red again, i love it red! i just did it brown cause my mom and dad hated it, but i really like it and want to do it again. i dont know whats the best brand, since red fades quickly id need to dye it every three weeks or so and i want my hair to look healthy and pretty, not dammaged or not red..i cant afford to go to the salon every three weeks...

i dyed my hair at home lastnight since i'm soo sooo poor at the mo and it looks fine... except my roots are lighter than the rest of my hair so they came out bright red whereas the rest of my hair is a dark reddish brown colour :-s looks a bit odd in the sunlight. other than that my hair feels healthy. i used loreal dye.

I mainly use L'Oreal, although I haven't dyed my hair for ages. I also used Schwartzkopf before for a subtle healthy colour, but it washed out quicker than l'oreal.

I want ot dye my hair red. i used garnier-something for a while and it was great after the first shampoo, the color just goes away with the water. i have dark brown hair now but i want it red again, i love it red! i just did it brown cause my mom and dad hated it, but i really like it and want to do it again. i dont know whats the best brand, since red fades quickly id need to dye it every three weeks or so and i want my hair to look healthy and pretty, not dammaged or not red..i cant afford to go to the salon every three weeks...
clairol nice n easy in reddish blonde. If you bleach your hair out first, it will be BRIGHT red. No blonde whatsoever. Just BRIGHT flaming RED. Natural looking too :smile:

loreal has a new Casting (Amonia Free) range out...my mom tried it out last night, and it provided great gray coverage and her hair felt so soft..I'm thinking of trying one of their highlight coloring kits...anyone tried those? recommendation for a brunette effect?

Yes! I Know which onee you mean!! L'oreal casting crème gloss and I wouldn't recommend it to a brunette it turns orangish/purple(well not purple but that colour in between you know). Hair salon is what I always recommend to brunettes.

I have just gone from blonde to brunette using the L'Oreal Casting Creme, I think it looks good. But does with definetly wash out within the 28 washes...or does it take longer? I am worried now because my graduation is next month and I want to be back to blonde by then.

It takes even less, or at least it did to me plus the hair starts going lighter with each washing so the colour won't last brunette not even in those 28 washes anyway.

It takes even less, or at least it did to me plus the hair starts going lighter with each washing so the colour won't last brunette not even in those 28 washes anyway.

Oh good! Thank you so much for the reply! :flower:

Its not that I do not like the brunette colour (its gorgeous) but I would like to be back to blonde for my graduation pics' - lol.

Is that colour(the one in your avatar) the new one?? Very pretty though it seems lighter, by the way which colour did you exactly use(maybe be share it)?

Is that colour(the one in your avatar) the new one?? Very pretty though it seems lighter, by the way which colour did you exactly use(maybe be share it)?

Yes it is my new colour! I used 'Vanilla Caramel':

Pic413.jpg

It is still a lovely colour now it is washing out and has a gorgeous shine! What colour have you used?

Looks as yummy as it sounds haha. :smile:

I find Boots Botanics semi permanent is great , makes my hair really shiny doesn't smell awful , and it lasts !

Oooh can somene help me please!?

Two weeks ago I coloured my hair 'Vanilla Caramel' with L'oreal Casting Creme and it has nearly washed out now and is like a dull dark blonde (I am naturally blonde). Do you think it would be ok to use the L'Oreal Casting Creme in 'Pearl Blonde' now to make it lighter and brighter? Or will it make it go green or ruin it...?

Hope someone can help! Need to know ASAP, as graduation is on Thurs'. Thank you!!!

I see most people like to color with chemicals. I use body art quality henna, and so far its been really nice, glossy, reddish, and relaxing for my hair. I also use Cassia as a gloss in between. All from hennaforhair.com. I used to use Manic Panic, and L'Oreal but the chemicals stunk and made me itch.

And cosmogrl5 there's 0% chemicals in henna.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acctforstylethings
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"