Cover Rumor Thread #19

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by 8eight, Mar 28, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

'Beyonce' and 'Anna's last issue' don't really go hand in hand for me because I doubt Anna would give her last cover to someone who demands photo approval and risk leaving with an issue she doesn't fully endorse. VogueDisciple93 has called a few other things in the past though, so perhaps it's true.

2. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

I don’t think there is any truth to this, especially Anna leaving. However there is a rumor that Beyonce turned down an offer from Edward to do a UK cover. He wanted to shoot her while on tour, and she didn’t want to because of little free time she has in her schedule. They might still make it work. I will say at least Beyonce is not shoving herself down our throats like some other pop stars. So much respect for that, ahe turns down TONS of covers, Vogues too!

3. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I have heard it from at least 3 different sources, two of them have a bit of a shaky reputation, but the other one is, as the Americans would say, legit!

I'm not surprised Edward is chasing after Beyonce. She's all fur coat no knickers. Nice to look at and photograph wonderfully, but there's not much substance to her. Mind you, much like the new British Vogue. Just my opinion, of course.

Anna's last cover should have all the celebs she helped champion. I wonder...if the rumour is true, and I suspect it is, maybe Anna is also putting all her pets on the cover for her final year. Much like Franca did....

#243 Benn98, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Brandi06dance: Jun 19, 2018
  4. Miss Dalloway

^ I would be happy to see Anna go, it’s simply time. But yeah, we will see. And lol if she does, you will get rid of Edward at UK too. I’m 100% he would take over from Wintour.

Didn’t someone speculate that Gisele is on August VP? Now that she is July cover for Anna, I doubt that is true. Alt would never, maybe she is saved for Sept then.

5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Eh, you think he could get it???? :shock: Though when I think about it, perhaps he'd be a better fit for that edition. But can someone actually get rid of Tonchi!

I used to obsess over US Vogue but over the years slowly lost interest. In the images, journalism, their idea of covers...not that I'm saying they're no longer relevant or prestigious, just that I don't care as much as I did years ago. But even with that said, her magazine is still the closest to what an actual fashion magazine should be about. For me, at least. There should be more than just great fashion imagery. Pop culture, politics, cuisine trends, interesting artists, all this impact fashion tremendously. She may cover all her bases in a shoddy way, but same can't be said for many other editors.

But yes, her number's up! We need new wine in the old bottles.

Re Gisele, could be she pulled a Rihanna and didn't mention a word about her US Vogue cover. Alt is desperate for the solid numbers Gisele represents, so I'm guessing we'll see her postponed. Like what happened with Cara.

6. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

I hope Beyonce's is not Anna's last issue, I really find Beyonce's covers very dull and boring. I wonder who will replace Anna?

7. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I thought about this today and you might be right. Lupita, Serena, Amal, Kendall, Rihanna and now Gisele, all (well, except Amal, but she's best friends with Anna) repeats who have helped shape Vogue's identity. Last year we definitely saw a lot of new faces compared to now and if Anna is indeed leaving by end of the year, the line up would make a lot of sense.

8. Miss Dalloway

Totally agree. Lost interest in Anna’s Vogue, but she defo still produces an appealing commercial magazine. She always understood what her Vogue is about, and the market it serves. You never saw her trying to be more Vogue Italia or Paris.etc Edward’s Vogue can be too “W” for my taste, sometimes.

And people who think Anna wouldn’t give Beyonce photo approval for her last issue, think again. She did before, and she would again, even for such an issue. If she is indeed leaving wouldn’t someone like Nicole Kidman make more sense for her last cover?

9. VogueDisciple93

VogueDisciple93 Active Member

Sorry guys, I couldn't get anymore details. I try not to post rumors unless I get it from a REALLY good source, but I am skeptical about this being Anna's last issue only because her retirement has been alleged for so long, but hey that could have been smoke for the fire.

10. mepps

mepps Active Member

I highly doubt September is her last issue.
    Her departure would have been announced a long time ago and there would be a search for and talk of her replacement by now. American Vogue is the oldest and most prestigious Vogue in the world. You don't just walk away from it with a whimper and a rumor. This could definitely be her final year tho, but I think she'll let us know ahead of time.

As far as Beyonce goes, I can definitely see Anna giving her the September cover. A safe and predictable choice.

11. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

The only way I could remotely tolerate a Beyonce Vogue cover for September was if Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott or Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin were behind the lens! I've only ever really been fond of Beyonce's Vogue's April 2009 cover by Mario Testino (and since he's now out the question...).

12. mepps

mepps Active Member

Mert and Marcus have been in Lisbon with Madonna the past 2 days (along with her hair and makeup team).
    I have no idea what it's for. Could be for a magazine, or her upcoming album artwork.

13. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

or another MDNA Skin campaign lol, btw Madonna was the first celebrity cover girl after Anna’s takeover.

14. AFWQ

AFWQ Member

Someone just confirm, it's Madonna who are they shooting, and it's for Vogue Italia.

And creative dir. of Vogue Italia is here as well.

Mertalas shared a photo of a location. Madonna has a estate in Sintra, Lisboa. I'm not sure if that is localization. The estate is a gorgeous propriety!

15. mepps

mepps Active Member

Nah, she saved that for Klein.:wink:

16. mepps

mepps Active Member

Wow! Interesting indeed. Another VI cover is always cool and the last one was epic.:heart:

I'm still waiting for her return to American Vogue tho. I feel like Anna is finally ready to lift the ban.:wink:

17. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

It’s probably for September?! Really excited for this, even though it’s M&M again, but not surprised at all, since she already has 3 covers, the current creative director for VI has collaborated with her for her booklet/tourbook over a decade, and M&M/Klein have became regular for VI too, so she can easily book a cover if she wants.

18. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Well at least it should be somewhat interesting. It being in Portugal and all. No bondage, b&w and open legs. Perhaps we'll see some romaticism. If she wants she can deliver some great pictures. My dream match would be her paired with Vincent van de Wijngaardt.

One thing we'll be certain of....those pictures will be retouched to hell and back!

19. AFWQ

AFWQ Member

Mertalas visited one of the Churches around the "Baixa do Chiado". It's all in gold.

20. KissMiss

KissMiss Active Member

I think Meisel will be shooting her album cover...