Cover Rumor Thread #19

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by 8eight, Mar 28, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Blayne266

Blayne266 Member

More of a theory but since it’s heen announced that Gaga & Serena Williams are the next met gala co hosts does this mean one of them will get the June cover of American Vogue?

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Ugh, why though. Both are overexposed and I can do without either. Michele should throw his weight around and get Lana Del Rey on that cover. She's way overdue.

The very teensy bit of redeeming feature with Vogue's current cover is that it features a new face. Claire Foy had to have a film to promote in order to book it. Vogue still seems stuck in 2005 when tv actresses were considered low-brow yet they want to appeal to series obsessed millennials.

Blayne266 likes this.
  3. octoberchild

octoberchild Member

But she's British. That coupled with Emily Blunt's cover next month means that not a single American actress will have fronted the magazine this year. Lupita is African, Alicia is Swedish, Saoirse is Irish. Lady Gaga doesn't count since she's a singer-actress.

It's embarrassing and doesn't make up for the fact this this is a new face - there are so many more deserving American actresses that could've been on the cover this month. Especially since this cover is virtually a repeat from Rooney's 1st cover - same drab gray background, same short hair cut, same movie character. My goodness. This Novermber cover is trash, there's no other way to describe it.

If Anna is still so in love with British actresses and this idea of 'exclusivity', even in this new media landscape where Conde Nast is struggling significantly financially, that she's willing to book a cover that's going to bomb (which this will) in 2018 just because she can, she has no business editing this magazine, she should retire or edit UK Vogue instead.

The worse thing that could've happened to US Vogue was the announcement that Anna was staying on earlier this year.

4. Blayne266

Blayne266 Member

Yes Lana definitely deserves one!!!!

5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

You're quite right! I'm sure I speak for a few on here when I say we DON'T want her back at UK Vogue AT ALL. Sad to think that Elle, despite the way they went about it, ended up with a way more stronger offering than Vogue.

I've often wondered how Americans feel about the continued Anglification of US Vogue's covers, which really became more pronounced when Anna started using celebs. I'd have liked to believe that maybe it was due to Hollywood being a melting pot of different talents, and that she merely wanted to reflect that? After the endless Sienna, Keira, Carey, Kate W covers, most of the readers must like that sort of thing. The disconnect comes when you'll find that most of these women (Sienna and Carey especially) hardly booked any US glossy covers beyond Vogue. That's when one can gather that the majority of Americans probably don't know/care for them.

6. sixtdaily

sixtdaily Well-Known Member

Wintour will never put Lana on the cover and we all know why!

7. marsnoop2

marsnoop2 Active Member

8. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Active Member

why?

9. MagFan

MagFan Well-Known Member

^because her daughter is married to Carrozzini and he is Lana's ex

10. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Yikes! Completely forgot about that. It's an impossible situation to be in.

Blayne266 likes this.
  11. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Julia Roberts is on the Nov 18 cover of US Harpers Bazaar, it's up on their website.

12. chrisis511

chrisis511 Member

Does anyone know about new Vogue mag launching? The last news I have heard is Vogue Greece will be re-published in the next September.

13. gunsnroses

gunsnroses Active Member

BOF says it will launch in Spring 2019

14. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

In an email survey from UK Vogue, they're asking me about the wording of coverlines - about Dua Lipa.

Also mentioned in the coverline info are features about Letitia Wright and John Galliano.

Blayne266 likes this.
  15. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Active Member

^^ Dua Lipa on the cover of Vogue? NO.

Miss Dalloway and Blayne266 like this.
  16. Blayne266

Blayne266 Member

Prediction that Dua will be January

17. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Dua Lipa makes a lot of sense for Vogue UK given how commercially successful she is. Somehow every single song she recorded in the last two years has become a hit.

Blayne266 likes this.
  18. amby

amby Active Member

Dua Lipa is having a great couple of years and more to come for her, especially with her upcoming Vogue UK cover and presumably the new Bond theme song. Years & Years bassist accidentally spilled in an radio interview that she's doing the soundtrack

19. TZ001

TZ001 Member

What about December issue? Beyoncé or Gaga?

20. Blayne266

Blayne266 Member

Completely predictions/theories but I think it's neither because they both just had US covers and I feel like Edward would want his 1year anniversary to be more exclusive!

I have a feeling that it's going go be Adut considering how much love they have been showing eachother, he's mentioned her in interviews, they posted videos of each other during fashion week and she calls him papa.

Then I think Dua will be January sort of like Taylor Swifts. Then Gaga for February ahead of Awards season.

Completely all theory.

tigerrouge and mikel like this.