Daphne Groeneveld

They made her look like Lara. It's a joke.

If they wanted Lara they should have hired her.

^Although it's something that I could have said at the beginning and although they made her look like Lara Stone again, I don't think that said does any justice at Daphne modelingskills. This image is really striking, she did a amazing job wheter she does or doesn't look like Lara, this image is wow.
^^ Haha :lol:
^^^ Yes, you can see this is a younger face, more soften I guess. A first look may let someone think that, but when you look a second time it's easy to see this is Daphne. M&M do let them look like each other a lot, but they are so different in real life and in many other photos. I love this image so much. Although you can see a fresh young face, the image is really mature :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been missing a lot lately :cry:

First of all, WOW! @ that Givenchy ad. I'm really, really glad (and proud!) of how she got to snap Givenchy. I think this pretty much proves how Tisci still likes her :heart:

About the Lara comparisons (AGAIN?!) I won't say anything, except that even though they might look similar in SOME aspects, I think Daphne's unique look is obvious here. And to be honest, the first time I saw those ads I thought "That's Daphne!". Not a single Lara thought in mind. I still don't understand why some people keep pushing the idea that she is Lara's shadow - she's NOT!

The shot is quite gorgeous. I perceive a sense of "harmony" in that shot. That mighty white brings the best of both models, almost in a pure way. Daphne's savage but sweet beauty emerges in juxtaposition with Stephen's statuesque and hard look. It's mindblowing! Bravo! :clap:

Well WilhelmE I got your point, but they does let her look like Lara a lot. i do admit that I like this way better then her MiuMiu ads but in MiuMiu she does look like herself with her features.

About the Lara comparisons (AGAIN?!) I won't say anything, except that even though they might look similar in SOME aspects, I think Daphne's unique look is obvious here. And to be honest, the first time I saw those ads I thought "That's Daphne!". Not a single Lara thought in mind. I still don't understand why some people keep pushing the idea that she is Lara's shadow - she's NOT!

:

Do not get me wrong, i do not think she looks a bit like Lara, she's made and photoshopped to look like Lara and that for me is totally wrong.

Do not get me wrong, i do not think she looks a bit like Lara, she's made and photoshopped to look like Lara and that for me is totally wrong.

I think its just the expression in her face in this shot that makes her look like Lara. I dont think they were really aiming for Lara because if they did they could have had Lara again

Am I the only one who doesn't think she looks like Lara? I agree that in the Givenchy campaign she does but I am looking at pictures of them side by side and their facial features are quite different...

I have to agree, other than in a couple selected pics, she doesn't look like lara. But she can easily, on the otherhand, with the right styling/hair/makeup.
This ad is stunning - and even if she's being compared to lara, that is a massive compliment!! it must mean she has obviously something there, some star quality. And for people to be convinced it's Lara, that must mean she looks just as experienced, etc.
And i agree with WilhemF , my first thoughts did not ever include Lara. It was more like: wow daphne!!! stunning!

You see Lara, I see Daphne :wink: Let's agree to disagree.

It's a bit sad though... that everytime new work is posted - which is all exciting, versatile and quality work - is diminished by unstoppable and pointless Lara comparisons. We can go on and on with this really, but in my opinion, Daphne is already making a household name for herself. Just saying...

I see Daphne too, and I totally agree with Lara comparisons getting annoying. People just like to critizise her...

They have some features alike but that's Daphne for 200% and more.

For me, this Daphne and Lara thing is the same as the times when people loved to confuse Gemma and Sasha. Idk, but in my case... its just impossible to mix them, in both cases. She looks stunning in that Givenchy preview btw.

I think its just the expression in her face in this shot that makes her look like Lara. I dont think they were really aiming for Lara because if they did they could have had Lara again

First: no they couldn't: Lara got a exclusive CK contract.

Second: I think WilhelmE is right in his point that they make Daphne look like Lara (or not) doesn't do her modelskills and this photo any justice. This is striking work. I also think it's okay that someone think this was Lara or make a look like Lara. I do think that, but in other photos they defo not look like each other. It's all personal and I don't think it's fair to only look at the fact if she looks like Lara.
Does she have any more photos? I've seen that the cast was a bit larger then said before.
She is M&M only right? So that means we won't seen her soon in VI? But maybe in Vogue US? I'm a bit curious what Meisel thinks about her, can't help it :wink:

guys please!
why, after every posted picture in here, there has to start a Lara-look-alike discussion!?
yeah we all know, she resembles Lara, she does have some of her features but... It's enough! tiring as hell ...!

and yeah, shout at me that this is a public forum and everyone can post what he/she wants and that my post would totally ignite a new discussion again :rolleyes:

2010 Fashion Yearbook: StyleCaster's Superlatives

2i24yag.jpg

stylecaster.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"