Dark Hair

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
all around me i keep seeing people colouring their hair...now this is nothing new...however...instead of going lighter...they are going DARKER!...now this is something new...what's going on... is this happening where you are?...

is this some form of backlash against the proliferation of uber blonde pop stars and bimbos with hair extensions...

or is the dark-haired vixen gaining popularity?...what's going on?...

add your thoughts... :flower:

i think the strong presence of this more ladylike style/look may be a factor...just moving towards a...hmm more demuere look? just a lil thought :flower:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Apr 9th, 2004 - 4:01 pm
I like the whole hair darkening thing... :wink:
i second that. in the past ive tried to go lighter and lighter but it just didnt work for me...finally embracing my (dark) roots

Originally posted by Alejandro@Apr 9th, 2004 - 9:01 pm
me too, even though aubruns were hot on the runways, i think darker and more ash tones are the new look, redish is a bit tired over here.

btw, my haircolour is a bit darker than my natural colour :heart:

I love ashy tones but they never turn out very well on me...ahhh black hair :doh:

I have naturally dark brown hair but its making me made all these blondes are dying there hair brown, plus they do it with an at home kit so it look like sh*t.

Bottled brunette is just as bad as Bottled blonde

i dyed my hair a deep brown recently.

I like it, it makes it easier to use bright colours that i normally wouldn't be able to use with my naturally blonde hair.

I prefer dark hair.
My sister has dark dark brown hair it's so gorgeous, and I am envious.
I would love dark hair, but since I am a redhead it'd make me look almsot ghostly pale. :cry:
So instead I have to go more for a blondie red look since I don't like being a redhead.

Originally posted by Lena+Apr 9th, 2004 - 3:16 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Apr 9th, 2004 - 3:16 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Apr 9th, 2004 - 9:01 pm
me too, even though aubruns were hot on the runways, i think darker and more ash tones are the new look, redish is a bit tired over here.

btw, my haircolour is a bit darker than my natural colour :heart: [/b][/quote]
so do women change their hair colour according to trends or runway looks?...

sorry if i sound really naive...but i've never coloured my hair-(except the tips blue... :P)

also -the whole demure ladylike thing sounds very plausible as well, no...

being a very dark brunette...i'm glad not to be such a minority anymore...but i'm having trouble getting used to it...but i have to say...most of these women actually look MUCH better with darker hair... :flower: :woot:

Originally posted by neonpinkstains@Apr 9th, 2004 - 3:55 pm
I prefer dark hair.
My sister has dark dark brown hair it's so gorgeous, and I am envious.
I would love dark hair, but since I am a redhead it'd make me look almsot ghostly pale. :cry:
So instead I have to go more for a blondie red look since I don't like being a redhead.
Why don't you like being a redhead neonpinkstains? :cry:
There are so few of us already...

Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 9th, 2004 - 2:47 pm
is this some form of backlash against the proliferation of uber blonde pop stars and bimbos with hair extensions...
I think that's a large part of it, trends tend to be pretty pendulous. One look gets used so much that it is overdone, so things swing back to the opposite end. It happens in fashion, music (with rock music being the trend now as opposed to the pop movement of the early 00's), all sorts of things. People got tired of seeing bleach blondes everywhere. Personally, I have mixed feelings about the darker hair trend. I've been dark-haired my whole life, whereas everyone else in my family is naturally blonde and very Scandinavian looking. For a long time I was made to feel inferior to my blonde cousins because of my hair color. Now, they're all desperate to be brunette because it's trendy. What happened to hating "boring brown" hair? :angry:

Originally posted by softgrey+Apr 9th, 2004 - 8:27 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Apr 9th, 2004 - 8:27 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Lena@Apr 9th, 2004 - 3:16 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro
@Apr 9th, 2004 - 9:01 pm

btw, my haircolour is a bit darker than my natural colour :heart:
so do women change their hair colour according to trends or runway looks?...

sorry if i sound really naive...but i've never coloured my hair-(except the tips blue... :P)

also -the whole demure ladylike thing sounds very plausible as well, no...

being a very dark brunette...i'm glad not to be such a minority anymore...but i'm having trouble getting used to it...but i have to say...most of these women actually look MUCH better with darker hair... :flower: :woot: [/b][/quote]
you should be happy to be a minority, i know i was a hell of a lot happier when i was the only brunette in my classes.

Well softgray i work at a hair salon and i think being a blonde for some is almost the norm so just like brittany spears and christina they want a break from that. The only thing, it dosen't last for most. As they are paying to leave their having second thoughts, even though they actually look so much better darker they are back in a week to be blonde again.

Omgsh I love how all the blondes are goig to brunette i will post a few pics of celebs. changing to darker!

Pictured" mary kate olse

Attachments

• MARY_KATE.jpg
    MARY_KATE.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 43
I think Nicky Hilton is gorgeous with brown hair- more than she was! Here is another piture---not great but better.

Attachments

• janetach_002.jpg
    janetach_002.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"