Derek Lam S/S 06 New York

awww... cuteness!!!!
he's Chinese, yeah? i remember reading him in a HK magazine somewhere.....

I think it's really beautiful and sophisticated too :heart:

details..

00070m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00190m.jpg
00350m.jpg

00320m.jpg
00370m.jpg

00230m.jpg
00210m.jpg

style.com

A very pretty, attractive, and solid collection. But somehow I fully expect to forget all about it in about five minutes' time. :neutral:

droogist said:
A very pretty, attractive, and solid collection. But somehow I fully expect to forget all about it in about five minutes' time. :neutral:
My thoughts. I'd wear nearly all of the dresses however :P I need cheap black flats like the ones posted by Mb.
00100m.jpg
00120m.jpg

00190m.jpg
00340m.jpg

[style.com]

it's beautiful..
i'll take one of everything...:heart:

Nothing exciting going on here but I do love it and it's something that I ACTUALLY see myself wearing. It's very innocent looking...and I love that for spring!

Phew! Am I ever glad he came back from the nuthouse of his Fall collection! A very fine collection, but

Dear Mr. Lam,

Rip off your fellow more subtly please. This has gone past the point of 'influence'.:flower:

i like these shapes and sillouhettes.. i would wear a lot of this... adorable :flower:

there s kind of deja-vu in this collection, probably because it s so simple that it seems like it s already been done and redone.

Derek Lam may just be his generation's Marc Jacobs: both are 'interpreters' of popular trends (read: one step behind the creative forefront), but Lam is more sophisticated and less into 'irony.' His work is often pleasing, as he often produces the more wearable (better fitting) versions of Chloe and Miu Miu and Marc Jacobs (not a bad way to find your cliente), but his collections are edited so well that they are always fun to watch and I rarely catch myself frowning over his 'replicas'.

I do think he is more interesting than his fellow up-and-coming designers: Richard Chai, Thakoon, Peter Som, Philip Lim.

Derek Lam Collection

He had a trunk show here in Dallas at a boutique here. I got to meet and him see his collection first hand.

All of it was amazing. I had to stop myself from buying it all. Its all sewn beautifully.

He is really nice too. He does excellent work.

This is the stuff I ordered from the trunk show. I got to try it on and play in it. I can't wait for it to come in...should be around Jan/Feb

these are all from his website.

This dress and the little coat over it are beautiful. I had a pair of red suede manolos and it looked great trying it on with this. This is one of my favs!

b1.jpg
b1b.jpg

This surprised me I liked it so much. Its made of lambsuede. Love it. I didn't buy the beaded tank top. I tried it on with a smokey black one and I loved it.

b7.jpg
b7b.jpg

I really wanted to try the dress version of this skirt on but they didn't have it. It was being shot for Vogue. I bought the skirt because I figured I had enough dresses. The skirt is easy and fun.

b20.jpg

I almost freaked out with this dress. It was my top choice. It was featured in vogue too. This is so beautiful. Its art. I love it.

b32.jpg
b32b.jpg

I could have picked out 10 other things but I knew there would be other things I would want from other designers.

All his stuff up close was done so nicely the sewing was special and beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->