• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Diane von Furstenberg for Roxy Swimwear

ChrissyM

girl who fell to earth
Reaction score
from stylite.com

Surf’s up!

We’ll admit we haven’t given Roxy much thought since our high school years, but we’re ready to dive back in after hearing news of their latest collaboration with none other than Diane von Furstenberg. The 35-piece collection, called “DVF loves Roxy” will retail from $38-$88, reports WWD and will include swimwear, boardshorts, rash guards, cover ups, and bags in which to tote all of your beach supplies. All, of course, in DVF’s signature prints.

“I am so excited to work with Roxy,” the designer told the trade. “The collection is playful and fun…we wanted to empower women to go for it and ride the wave.” So while summer may be drawing to a close, now at least you know what you’ll be wearing when you hit the beach next summer.
[WWD]

^
No kidding.

Roxy? I remember all the graphic-t tweens from high school being all over that....

I did love Roxy more as a teenager than I do now but being from a beach town, it was never really about graphics or sweatshirts or teen-territory in my eyes, in fact I remember specifically buying Roxy clothes (tops, shorts, sandals, parkas, trench coats- I had a bunch of Roxy stuff) because I wanted to achieve that look of girls in their 20s that surfed and had gorgeous sun-bleached and would wear Roxy everything (esp. big sweaters over a bikini + shorts and then sandals- still love that look, so comfy and perfect).

I still own like two pairs of Roxy board shorts (I wouldn't know where else to go for them actually) and some accessories, and sometimes check out their online store (LOVE their pinterest by the way! :heart:) in case something of interest has been added. I'm not a fan of DVF at all but Roxy swimwear does need a bit more energy right now, and lots of editing.. more direction.. whereas I feel like the casualness of the average Roxy customer can only be beneficial for DVF. Good match, and I'm definitely looking forward to this.

^^i think it's a good match too!

I don't really look at it as watering anything down...
she has a history of doing these kinds of collaborations even before the whole capsule collection craze (I still have a cute tennis dress that was DVF for Reebok from years and years ago)

I view it more as a melding of aesthetics...
so maybe board shorts with some classic/fun DVF prints... same for bikinis etc.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what she comes up with...

I'm sure I rocked a Roxy bikini or two back in the day (and definitely a few pairs of shorts) and this could be a fun way to revisit the brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->