Dior Homme F/W 13.14 Paris

I just don't get the praise Kris gets every season for his lackluster DH collections. Same color palette every season and pretty much the same clothes, imo. Those motifs look kind of cool, but idk it's not enough to sell this collection to me.

I don't get it either. :lol:

Just the same boring s*** Kris has been doing now for what seems to be an eternity. Unexciting, dull, and just plain. Spring/Summer 2009 remains his most creative collection.

i agree with the above..another snooze fest from kva.. he should give up the dull minimalism approach which just ends up looking contrived and pointless in his execution.. i was never a fan of his work at DH but in retrospect his early collections were a lot more audacious. he did catch a lot of flack back then and so it seems he just wants to play it safe, his recent collections seem like he is taking 3 looks and clones them times 10 for the entire runway.. big yawn..

First DH collection in YEARS that is not completely awful. Some looks are even good. :shock: Some of the gimmicky crap and awkward art project details are still there, but not as horrible as all the times before. And no billowy pants, over-sized whatever pieces and no 3/4 or other kinds of shortened trousers, that's a huge plus. :lol: And best of all - no ***** hats (nothing against hats in general, but the way DH shows them... ehh, they look out of place)!
It's a step in the right direction. But it's still miles away from a stunning collection.
Not really getting that circle/triangle print, but I'm sure some PR slave would spew out some wonderfully inspired lines on those.

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know what the triangle in the circle symbol means?

the belts remind me of margiela's car seat buckle belts back in the day.

i dont like this collection too much - too severe - the models have been styled like automatons. it gives off a culty vibe if you ask me.

Surprisingly I really like the collection. I actually feel like this is a collection that Kris sort of nails a new character of DH guys after Heidi. It feel luxe, modern, cool and not too teeney. Hopefully, he sticks with this and develops more and more. I actually love the belt on the jacket. Plus, the proportion is perfect.

apparently, triangle is everywhere for menswear. mugler, DH, Givenchy...they have that symbol too..is it the new trend?

i kinda liked the beginning, but it went wrong, fast.

am I the only one who sees futuristic space station uniforms?

like from the background extras of Dr Evil's space station...

00150h_1280x1920.jpg

vogue.co.uk

Scares the hell out of me ...

This is definitely uniform ... Of what ? I don't wanna know ...
Army of clones, much.

Really love this collection. The first few looks are so my style so I can't wait for them to hit the stores :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->