Does This Work? Get Fashion Feedback Here.

I think the last one is the best.

After being with long hair for 20 years, I did Mohawk !!!
What do think ? Is it suits me ? :wink:

4-OClock-dress21.jpg

Anastasia :smile:))

i think it looks cool. are you investigating new styling products to use as well? :flower:

i like it too, a fun new haircut can be really transformative. enjoy it! :D

Is this too Hippie?

What do you guys think of this owl backpack or along the lines of this style?

owl-backpack-small-001-600x600.jpg

I would like to wear this with a corduroy knee length skirt and brown moccasins but have not decided on a top but maybe also a vest.... Anyhow would this bag be OK for a hippie style look thing?

Thanks for input

What do you guys think of this owl backpack or along the lines of this style?

I would like to wear this with a corduroy knee length skirt and brown moccasins but have not decided on a top but maybe also a vest.... Anyhow would this bag be OK for a hippie style look thing?

Thanks for input

you need to provide a source for every image you post here. it is part of our Community Rules.

i think the backpack would be more suitable for children. if you want a hippie look i would suggest going for a beaded necklace.

I am going to a Christmas Party with all the people I work with (and for:shock:). We will be about 20 people, most are in their 20-30s. (There might also be a certain someone there:innocent:)

I have been told heels and a dress is the dress-code, but I am feeling a bit uncertain as I have never attended a Work-Christmas party. The dress is knee length, but I am worried it might be too sexy. It is very figure hugging...

I was wondering if you guys think this works and if it would be appropriate. I am 20, pale and have red curly hair if that matters...
I would LOVE any input!:flower:

The dress and the stud-earrings (out of scale) are the actual items, but the shoes and bracelets are lookalikes. Oh, and I don't carry handbags.

Source: Polyvore

Attachments

• PolyvoreGreen.png
    PolyvoreGreen.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
^I personally think your outfit is really pretty and totally appropriate! I don't think it matters that yours is figure hugging because it appears to have a higher neckline which I think will stop it from appearing to be 'too much'.

btw I love that shade of emerald greed, it's perfect for the holidays! hope you have fun at your party!

^Thank you! I never know if my dresses are appropriate because everyone else seems to wear low cut and/or above the knee dresses.

i think that outfit deserves a promotion!...

:flower:

what do you think of my latest design ???
I wasn't sure if it's not too much exposed (the top)

fashionspot.jpg

source - my pic :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I am looking for a similar racer front top for a couple of season, love it! :flower:

As a school project for my last year in high school, we have to create two garments that are opposites in some way. I have decided to use the opposites "modern and vintage" to make two dresses, one being my ball dress and the other for a friends 18th party. I was thinking of having my ball dress as the vintage dress, any ideas on how I could pull this off without it looking too old fashioned? Thanks :smile:

As a school project for my last year in high school, we have to create two garments that are opposites in some way. I have decided to use the opposites "modern and vintage" to make two dresses, one being my ball dress and the other for a friends 18th party. I was thinking of having my ball dress as the vintage dress, any ideas on how I could pull this off without it looking too old fashioned? Thanks :smile:

Can you look too old fashioned? :lol:

I love vintage clothes.

Depending on how glamorous you want to go I would either go for a classic, long 40's Hollywood gown. Maybe strapless. Else a knee lenght 50's inspired dress with a full skirt and a petticoat underneath.

I second that. Looks like a modern prom "my-dad-has-more-money-than-your-dad" dress to me:/ To avoid looking outdated I would go for cleaner lines.

Have you tried Googeling pictures of Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly from the 1950s? I know that Rita Hayworths dress in Gilda has been called the most famous/iconic dress from the 1940s.

(Sources:telegraph.co.uk, theredlist.fr )

Attachments

• 27_jean_louis-theredlist.jpg
    27_jean_louis-theredlist.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Rita-Hayworth-Gild_1385682i.jpg
    Rita-Hayworth-Gild_1385682i.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 5
Okay :smile: along with my vintage ball dress, I will also be making a "modern" party dress to wear to parties and also to the "World of Wearable Arts" show in September. But there is so much other vintage things coming back into fashion that I'm not sure what aspects I could include in my design to show that it is definately modern. Any ideas? Thanks :smile:

Okay :smile: along with my vintage ball dress, I will also be making a "modern" party dress to wear to parties and also to the "World of Wearable Arts" show in September. But there is so much other vintage things coming back into fashion that I'm not sure what aspects I could include in my design to show that it is definately modern. Any ideas? Thanks :smile:

I think I would go for something sculptural. I find that modern :smile:

changing the hemline would make it more modern and more wearable. you could also add neon somehow as an accessory, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->