Domino September 2007 : Libertine

dreams

Reaction score
ma_07sept_cover.jpg

hoar_libertine_01.jpg

The Libertine duo convene in Hartig's laid-back den.
Add this is to disable dropcap in article body text
Invest in one good antique to anchor a room.
Always have an extra case of champagne on hand.
Read Remembrance of Things Past for inspiration—but only 13 pages a night, so you don't get burned out.
It's a given to have fresh flowers around; keeping them monochromatic is the easiest way to have major impact.
Check your mother's and father's closets. Way in the back, there's always a jewel—even old slippers.
Plan a trip to Paris, just for the flea markets.
A collection doesn't have to be accumulated over time. Sometimes it's fun to buy the whole thing at once.
Forget about purebred dogs; adopt a mutt.
A framed drawing of your pet by a friend can be more meaningful than the most expensive Matisse.
Make a collage on your refrigerator of museum stickers, invitations, funny notes, and every time you reach for something, you'll be reminded of how lucky you are.
Close your eyes for 30 seconds at least once during the day, to be quiet and grateful.
Buy your favorite books in hardback—that's one thing you'll never grow tired of.
Always have enough negative space in a room, so the eye has a chance to relax.
Don't throw away old clothes, furniture or knickknacks—drop them at Goodwill.
Monogram as much as you can! It shows you care.
For photos of Hartig's bright LA atelier and Greene's "The Addams Family meets Scooby-Doo" NYC apartment, pick up the September 2007 issue of domino!

pics from dominomag.com

Last edited by a moderator:
there was a feature in the la times last month inside hartig's house. it had like 20 pics. all amazing.

man oh man, is his house awesome! he has traded libertine clothes to damien hirst for artwork worth tens of millions of dollars....(those are hirst's spin art paintings on the cover)

please list your image source or it will be taken down. :flower:

source | wwd

DRESSING ROOM: Some fashion designers love rooms other than their own closets. Take Marc Jacobs, who admits in the September Domino how much he delights in his regular room in New York's Mercer Hotel. The creative director of Louis Vuitton splits his time between New York and his home in Paris. His second-floor abode at the Mercer "has a full kitchen, which I enjoy, because I prefer eating breakfast in my room, and a huge bed that's extremely comfortable. I love to sleep in that bed." Jacobs and six other designers took a tour of their favorite spaces for a feature in the magazine — Patrick Robinson, now the executive vice president of design for Gap, exposed his boat room in his house in upstate New York, while jewelry designer Kenneth Jay Lane was photographed in his living room.

I love Domino Magazine! Each issue makes me want to redecorate my room over and over again!

My Favorite Room
Seven fashion luminaries invite us on a private tour of the spaces they love best, from a luxe Parisian pied-à-terre to a rugged New York barn-turned-boat shop.

image source | scanned by MMA

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blacksun
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->