Downton Abbey

Downton returns in the UK on Sunday at 9pm on ITV1, Season 3 will have 8 episodes.

I'm so freakin' excited :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
i loved the first episode!! i almost cried!!
mary looked so good in her wedding gown! btw i was surprised that they showed the wedding so fast :o i thought they were going to wait a couple of episodes!

The first episode was really great! It seemed to set up a lot of things for the rest of the season.

And I rather liked that they showed the wedding in the first episode, rather then teasing us for awhile, I mean we've been dying to see them married for ages! Lady Mary's wedding dress was a stunner, so incredibly classic. There was so much I loved about this episode, though I have to say, how silly is Lord Grantham for risking the inheritance? Somehow at Downton it always come's back to money, doesn't it? Either you are in want of it, posses it, or are loosing it. But hopefully everything will work out, I'd really hate to see the great house of Downton Abbey fall by the end of the series! :o I also loved the blossoming bromance between Tom and Matthew, they sure need to stick together, since they married the complex Crawley women. Also, how cute is Lady Edith? Everyone seems to disregard her, but she's become one of my favorites, and she looks so sweet while in love. Anyways, what a lovely start to a new season!

I love Mary and Matthew, but I can't care less for Sybil and Branson. In fact, I find Branson unbearable. Ugh.

I actually thought the first episode was a little disappointing after the amazing season 2 finale. The wedding was great, though.

I love the 1st episode of the new season. Mary looked so beautiful. And I can't wait to see how things will go down between both grannies. I loved seeing them in each others throats.

anyone know where can i watch the first ep without installing apps? thanks in advance

i cant wait to see it

Please keep spoilers in white writing please....some of us are behind UK viewers!!!!

^Edited them.

With what I've read I'm super excited to see it happen. Lady Edith is expected to marry Anthony :heart:

I'm really missing Sybil's presence, I love how much of a rebel she is in comparison to the other girls, I love all of the girls individually for very different reasons.

I have a feeling that Mrs Hughes may be the character who will die, sadly.

^ Yeah I hope the storyline will bring Sybil back somehow.
Maggie Smith & Shirley Maclaine are great sparring partners and hopefully Violet can make appearances in the future.

I miss lady Sybil too. She's so beautiful and amazing person.

I loved it so much when they played a prank on Thomas. He's such an ***.

am i the only one who doesnt like lady mary??? i liked her in the past seasons, i was not obsessed with her and i did want her to be with matthew, but this season im not feeling her, she accuses matthew of being selfish when she is being selfish with him too, she puts her self first towards matthews feelings, and she accuse him for the same thing? i dont get it...
btw, i was totally expecting what happened to edith, poor her :/ i cried in that scene :cry:. What i like of this season is that there are scenes when you want to cry and cry and others when you laugh a lot!

Ooh....my poor heart! This episode was rather heartbreaking. :cry: A lot of people don't seem too fond of Lady Edith but she's one of my favorites, I like the complexity of her character, and so I was really sad to see what happened at the end of the episode. The poor girl never get's a break! I'm seriously hoping that her love-life, her whole life turns around. One good thing that happened in this episode is that Downton Abbey was saved! Thank goodness. And really, much of the credit ought to go to Daisy, for her kindness towards Lavinia, and Lady Mary for her smart thinking.

You are not alone at all, pivoslyakova. I actually never liked Mary. I think I came around a little in series 2, just because I wanted her and Matthew to get together, but my hate for her has skyrocketed again this series. Her and Matthew are both getting on my nerves. Is it just me, or is he acting way more posh lately? Also, what a dick move, Sir Anthony. I am not pleased with this latest episode plot-wise. Although, great they saved DA. Not that I was worried. I mean, the show is called Downton Abbey.

^I mean, you couldn't call it Downton Place could you???? :rofl: What a horrible suggestion by Robert! I do like Mary and Matthew, they are meant for each other, but at the same time I've gotten annoyed with Matthew several time's during last season and this current one. I tried to understand his reasons but honestly sometimes he seemed too "nobel." I think every single character on the show has annoyed me at least once, but at the same time I rather like that, they don't write perfect characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->