Dries van Noten

luckyme: those are some lovely pieces!!

I usually buy in-store at Selfridges and Browns
Online: envoyofbelfast; ln-cc; mytheresa; yoox; bagheera; Browns; Antonioli

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you, luluposh...i wish envoy would update more! Antonioli has quite a bit and its a very different buy from most others, i've heard good things about them.

as a sidenote I wish i could visit selfridges, especially after watching jeremy piven in masterpiece theater portray him.

ta-ta, i didnt realize neimans carried Dries. probably mostly runway pieces, right? i know that barneys has a huge, huge selection every year and they seem to receive it very early.

Yes, they have for years, but totally under the radar since none of it's online. (Do you understand the rules behind all that?) I have gone there only as a last resort since Barney's & Nordstrom came, and now I'm reluctantly going back. Their buy seemed pretty basic & neutral to me, not statementy like Barney's. Based on what other lines looked like, I think that may be the actual nature of the buy rather than the exciting pieces having already been scooped up ... I didn't notice what they had in shoes, there I was just checking on a couple of other lines.

i dont understand contractually why some can sell online and not others but i dont mind it since Dries up close and personal is what takes my breath away...

^ I had no problem with it either, as long as Barney's was here :wink: Now it's starting to seem like a problem ...

New. Photo doesn't do this shirt justice. Dries really makes simple, nice checks. Photo by me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 9
the barneys in sf doesn't carry dries clothing, only shoes/bags...:doh:
in person: m.a.c., cielo, saks (all in sf)
online: mytheresa, antonioli (browns no longer ships dries to the u.s.; weird)

finally tried on the quilted floral/plaid pants and i'm in between sizes...
these are the 38's; the 40's fit like low-rider jeans and made the length too long...

Attachments

• IMG_6917.jpg
    IMG_6917.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 13
I was bummed about browns as well, the prices were good, relatively speaking, and they buy a nice assortment of what i want...oh well :-(

as far as those quilted pants the 38 seems to fit you perfectly and the colors are so good, they even call for attention just hanging in my closet.

I tried the black floral windbreaker and sadly it swamped my frame because it was made for me personality wise.

^ they're a bit tight in the hips; it may be hard to tell from the pic, but the pockets are pulling in the front...
the SA suggested i sew them shut, but i kinda like the pockets...

what i really want to find is more skirts from this collection...
my theresa had one that was the silver plaid in the front and cream/blue/red plaid in the back and i'm kicking myself for not getting it...:doh:

a floral and a plaid from spring and a stripe knit as well as a not so plain black skirt/pant combo from fall capsule.
safe to say the effect Dries has on me is pretty incredible...

Attachments

• IMG_6040.jpg
    IMG_6040.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6041.jpg
    IMG_6041.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 11
if anyone is looking for a nice long trenchcoat, dries has a good one this season...
it's available in black and in blk/wht tweed, and has a great way of buttoning at the collar...

sooo good...
only 2 grand...

i look bloody awful in a trench but it's just great, so I thought I'd pass that along...

:flower:

got this dress but in the black floral print that tourist and luckyme had posted. i normally don't care for florals, but this was so gorgeous. it is deliciously kimono-ish and has pockets! :heart::heart::heart:

NOT_0288.450x675.JPG

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2013RTW-DVNOTEN/#22

ack! totally jealous! :heart: that collection...

the plaid is great but i'm sure the floral is equally lovely.

just posting since dries seems to have done one.

designers be@rbrick

fashionpress

Attachments

• bearbrick_isetanmens_03.jpg
    bearbrick_isetanmens_03.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 2
  • bearbrick_isetanmens_04.jpg
    bearbrick_isetanmens_04.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 2
  • bearbrick_isetanmens_24.jpg
    bearbrick_isetanmens_24.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 2
:blink:
that is such an odd thing...
not sure about that...

:lol::lol::lol:

thanks for posting runner...
interesting...

i keep thinking that dries is going to quit next...
all my faves seem to be going one by one...

and i haven't been feeling dries for awhile, so either he has picked up a new market and will keep going...
or he is going to stop and start gardening full-time...

we shall see...

:D

i love the ss 2014 season...
reminds me of the old dries that i love so much...

:heart:

it IS...
it's only just hitting stores now...
^_^

Les Arts Decoratifs

this is a book to spend hours pouring over.

This signed, limited edition of the visually engaging book that explores the life, inspirations and work of celebrated designer Dries Van Noten includes a second volume featuring never-before-seen photographs of garments styled from the designer's personal archive.

• Published in celebration of the Dries Van Noten "Inspirations" exhibition at Les Arts Décoratifs
  • Photographs are of garments styled from the designer's personal archive of his past collections featured in the exhibition
  • Books are bound in canvas and tied together with a black grosgrain ribbon belt
  • One of 400 signed, limited edition sets
  • Written by Pamela Golbin and Hamish Bowles
  • Published by Lannoo
  • Hardcover
  • 308 pages; photo book: 47 pages
  • 10.25" length x 12" height x 1.25" depth (approximately); photo book: 10.25" length x 12" height x 12mm depth (approximately)

barneys has it.

Attachments

• 503418416_product_2.jpg
    503418416_product_2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->