Elizabeth and James Watches

StockholmFW

Reaction score
EJ200SERIES_Black-Sky.jpg

fashionweekdaily

200 series by Elizabeth and James.

elizabethandjames

“We have a shared nostalgia for the digital watches of our youth,” Ashley says. “We wanted to capture that appeal but in a modern and interesting design.” They researched ’70s NASA imagery and films and like Goldfinger and the Jetsons for inspiration, along with John Lautner’s architecture and artwork by Dan Flavin. “From a materials perspective, we looked at the innovation happening in the world of optical lenses and incorporated that into the design of the mirror crystal faces,” Ashley adds.

“We knew we wanted to launch with a digital watch,” Mary-Kate tells Vogue. “The function is clean, simple, and straightforward. Analog watches can be beautiful, but bringing back simplicity was important. We are all so connected in today’s world, [and] there’s something refreshing about going back to the ideas of ‘time well spent’ and ‘time is precious.’
vogue

I can't stand these former child actors and pretty much anything they do or touch but these watches are strangely attractive :zorro::heart:.. or maybe I just like pixels, I don't know.

I also like this watch. To be honest, watches are my weakness :smile: I have a small collection and wear watches every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->