Etsy

i know that its just another site for people to sell their things on, i only put english in there because that was the only way i could think to describe it:flower:

does anyone know of sellers that have cool "gold" ring/pendants??

I love etsy. I am thinking of making a store. For now I am just a buyer.

Norwegian Wood
il_430xN.52642236.jpg

etsy.com

I should really started an etsy account and produce some pieces :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
have you ever heard about regretsy.com? its a website where people show odd things sold on etsy, its quite funny actually.

one good thing about folksy - you don't need to have a credit card to start selling!(unlike etsy)
my folksy shop: http://www.folksy.com/shops/legyvielinrivendell

Elegance.Is.Refusal, I have your friends shop saved in my favourites, her silk scarves are gorgeous!

wow i love all your knitted stuff! so cute^_^

i love her stuff too it just amazes me the colours and patterns she gets out of using natural dying techniques.

Elegance - thanks!

i love regretsy too. Some people have the craziest items!

I just made my first Etsy purchase. Yay! I think it may be the start of a downward spiral!!! Folksy is pretty cool too, I think it will be better when it gets more popular like Etsy. I like the thought of buying from the UK because its supporting UK designers and artists and I find it quite difficult to search for things I want from the UK on Etsy.

I find it hard to find UK based artists. You can do the 'search local' thing but that only brings up recent items non? You can find people who will ship to the UK. I just wish the search functions were a bit better on Etsy.

does anyone have any experiene of selling on here i think i might give it a go but am unsure how hard it is 2 actualy get ur stuff to sell etc

I find it hard to find UK based artists. You can do the 'search local' thing but that only brings up recent items non? You can find people who will ship to the UK. I just wish the search functions were a bit better on Etsy.
Yeah and if you "search local" you only get select items, you can't search for all UK jewellery for example, you would get everything UK at that time. Pffffft...

snowqueen - I have never sold things, but I have bought quite a few things. I find that stuff I get on etsy I get so many compliments on!

Summer is still in full swing where I live so I got these floral mini dresses recently. The belts came with the dresses. The seller takes frumpy vintage dresses and skirts and turns them into really cute and modernized items that still have that vintage feel.

Thats not me in the pics.

Pics are from etsy.com/Belleswhistlesthrift.

Attachments

• il_430xN_174283203.jpg
    il_430xN_174283203.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 1
does anyone have any experiene of selling on here i think i might give it a go but am unsure how hard it is 2 actualy get ur stuff to sell etc

Really depends on what you sell. Etsy attracts a lot of people who love cute & vintage stuff, for the rest it's another story...
Then it's like with any other store: either you've got good marketing or you don't.

What I like on Etsy is that the selling fees are rather low & you can see who likes your stuff, which I think is great feedback (as an artist/designer) even when you don't sell much. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love etsy, I buy all my earrings there. Much cheaper! Thats why I wanted to ask you (maybe its a bit odd), if there are etsy-addicts here maybe you can help me by finding look-a-likes of these:

and

urbanoutfitters.com

I really like them but they are too expensive to ship from the US to Belgium!
If somebody knows where I could find them, please let me know! I would be so grateful!

:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->