European Street Style (posting requires reading guidelines in post #1)

oanadobre said:
I'd LOOOVE some pics from Athens!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Come on Lena! Show us some cool Athens... ^ People are jumping up and down for them... what else should we do to make you use that camera!!!!^_^

i would love to post some pics of the street style in berlin but i dont have any pics! Berlin has a very unique sense of style!

chicfay said:
i would love to post some pics of the street style in berlin but i dont have any pics! Berlin has a very unique sense of style!
This is SO true! I'm so mad with myself that I did'nt take my camera with me when I visited Berlin a few weeks ago...I saw soo many great styles!!!!!!:heart:
But next time.... I promise not to forget it- and then you'll see really great styles form Germany!

Glitterfreak said:
Some pics of Holland

myF.JPG

112128560.jpg

108216915.jpg

omg those are so cool. i love vintage. i love glam. i love a mix beteen them. where did you get/ make those?

anyone from Amsterdam?

(the Holland pics above don't show up for me, ...bohooo)

Thanks !

For all your great comments about Greece! I am greek and live here in Athens :D I am happy to hear all these things!
I adore the Greek Style and follow it well... :smile:

justlooking said:
anyone from Amsterdam?

(the Holland pics above don't show up for me, ...bohooo)

a few from Amsterdam..:flower:

Actually I have to say, most of them are Italians who are in Holland to study,
so it's not real dutch streetstyle:innocent::wink:

hey gals and boys

thursday i ll make pictures of the streetstyle of holland, particulary amsterdam

so hope they lll become greatt

besos

i'm from greece, a village up north, and i can post some photos of me and my friends of what we wear, if you want. we sometime go to the city and buy clothes from the market or stores. i will try to find a scanner to scan my photos.
-antonia

i think amsterdam and most of big cities in netherlands have a great streetscene, a lot of people who really care about fashion and have great style, this is a good thing and i'm very happy about it, it also starts young, at my highschool there are lots of people who are very fashionableB) ,

^I don't really agree...I think Dutch people don't dare to wear things..
I don't know exactly what it is, but to me seems that people just wear
whatever most shops sell, Dutch people should be more creative
I adore streetscenes in Paris, Tokyo and big cities like that, where
people wear whatever they like and a lot of them look very stylish

hmm maybe your right on the part that more people should be creative and try stuff out, but lots of friends of mine, which are more people i referred to and you're right that probaly doesn't represent a majority of people, but anyway they wear really great clothes and they experiment a lot and are not afraid to be creative

^Yeah well, that's how it should be right :D? I know some people too who wear awesome clothes, but the thing is that most of the Dutch inhabitants don't really care about fashion that way which makes the Dutch streetstyle a lot more boring than, let's say, Paris
But anyway I don't think you can really blaim people for that, some ppl are just not interested and they have other interests, but I do think it's a pity cause if we want to see great streetscenes, we have to travel to different parts of the world and that's expensive for a student, okay I'll shut up now:ninja: :blink: :wink:

Evisu_donna, it wasn't that bad what you wrote. It's true that many Dutch people do not have a great sense of (personal) style AND those who do are often considered wrong/alternative/insane. It's just not in the culture.

Walk around Paris in a special outfit (whether it's formal, extravagant, whatever) and barely anyone will care. Take the same outfit to Amsterdam or another major city and there's a big chance people will stare and point at you. They're just not that adapted to individuality or whatever you want to call it. Compared to huge cities, anyway.

RobbertJan said:
i think amsterdam and most of big cities in netherlands have a great streetscene, a lot of people who really care about fashion and have great style, this is a good thing and i'm very happy about it, it also starts young, at my highschool there are lots of people who are very fashionableB) ,

so true, i ve been going to Holland once a year since i was a little girl, and even back then i would see fashionable girls. let's not even start talking about Amsterdam, fashion there is just amazing. I always thought that they had some of the best shops in Europe.

I actually found some photos of Prague's street style.

2973_240x0x75.jpg
4300_240x0x75.jpg
4870_240x0x75.jpg
3462_240x0x75.jpg
3463_240x0x75.jpg
3078_240x0x75.jpg

(source: chocolate.cz)

ill try to find some more later. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members