Eurovision 2010

@Legyviel, I voted for Turkey, also Ukraine was significant :wink:

And the flash bomb was truly amazing but it's not like random people were picked up in the street, when they are showing people dancing in Vilnius, I know two girls from the front, they both go to the same dance studio that I went to :smile:

I LOVED Israel, Norway and Romania, but Germany...?

I don't get that love for Lena, she didn't even sing!! In my opinion, what she did cannot be called "singing". She spoke most of the song, and in a irritating way.

The Uk, and Ireland, generally do not take Eurovision seriously. I know the "general population" don't :rofl:
It is quite expensive to host Eurovision, as apposed to entering a song. As Eurovision makes very cheap TV, UK and Ire. send an act regardless, even if they are not taking it seriously. They dont see wining as being prestegious, as (Im presuming) Eastern countries do.

I agree that the UK doesn't take it seriously but it seems like Ireland def. does. They've won the contest 7 times already and this year they sent the singer who already won Eurovision before (not sure if its true?)

I think the Balkan/Southern countries take it very seriously (and passionately), while the Baltic countries just have fun with it (and usually are misunderstood for their sarcasm :lol:) I wonder why czech republic never attends?..

Re: Lena's accent... dunno, she sounds just like some germans that I know, when they speak english.

Sometimes Ireland takes it seriously, and espically considering they have one it so many times. After they one it three times in a row, 1992, 1993, 1994, and then again two years later, 1996, most of the acts entered have been for jokes. I mean did you see this one? . They don't take it too seriously. Maybe their just naturally tallented? Luck of the Irish? :smile: :smile:

I don't get Germany winning either... loved Romania's song

LENA... she is everywhere, i can't stand her any longer. I dislike the song, her look, her attitude...

sorry, but i think there were so many better contestant!

there is such a big Hype about her - especially in Hanover. Because it's her - and my - hometown :doh:

I think awarding her the Federal Cross of Merit would be unjustified, has this already been mentioned here?

I really don't understand how Lena won, I found her song a bit annoying. My personal fave was Harel Skaat from Israel, I thought he was the best singer and quiet possibly the best looking too :wink:

Now that I've listened to those songs millions of times (my friend and I drove over 6 hours and she forced me to listen to them), my faves are really Azerbaydchan (?) and Armenia. Moldova and Serbia were fun. And Greece was this macho performance which I loved.
My least favourites were UK and Ukraine.

I thought that Greece had a pretty interesting performance... not what I expected from them. Josh Dubvorie's (the UK) song was almost to "pop" and cheerful... it also didn't seem like it fit the British people's musical preferance (by this I mean the general population) when I think UK I think of the Beatles, The Clash, and yes sometimes the Spice Girls! :smile:

I thought you could see from Greece's performance that they didnt really want to win, I mean, the singer seemed so unenthusiastic about it...

I am still wishing that Harel Skaat had won, or least come in the top ten, its a bit disappointing that he didn't do as well as expected. I still cannot understand the appeal of Lena I think she sounds a bit like Lily Allen and I am not fond of Lily's music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->