Fahrenheit 9/11

i dont know about his films, but his books are real strong
i can t see how someone would oppose his points, he's got very well documented points, actually i'm surprised he's the only american that dares speak them up,
moore for president :P

Originally posted by banana+Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:40 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (banana @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:40 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by CelineChic@Jun 27th, 2004 - 2:29 am
<!--QuoteBegin-nycgirl84
@Jun 26th, 2004 - 8:38 pm
I've read so many bad things about this movie and how it distorts facts and takes things out of context, I feel like I won't get anything out of it. Plus, he grates on my last nerve. I don't need him to tell me the facts- I will stick to newspapers, magazines like Newsweek, and cable news.

His point is often that these forms of media are total bullsh*t. It's all lies and distorted facts.

I find some people are brainwashed by the media. They think that if it is on CNN then its true. They couldn't be further from the truth. There are many whistle blowers from FoxNews, CNN, NBC, and CBS who have made it public that stations alter news to please the people that are giving them money and tax cuts.

If you all like this documentry, go see the Corporation. :flower:
And what about the BBC or even the CBC in Canada? I still think there are much better ways to get the facts other than watching Michael Moore films. They're entertaining, but I think people are making the mistake of assuming that everything presented in the film is a fact. It's important to keep an open mind and realize that his work is heavily biased to the left just like certain news stations are biased towards the right. And despite the trucker-like appearance, Michael Moore has accumulated quite a bit of wealth from his work. [/b][/quote]
There have not been any whistle blowers from CBC or BBC. Or atleast none that I have heard about.

to tell the truth , last night was the first night i saw any Michael Moore movie. It was bowling for columbine and it completely touched me. i think the man is a genius and i will be seeing this movie very soon.

Originally posted by CelineChic+Jun 28th, 2004 - 7:08 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CelineChic @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 7:08 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by banana@Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:40 am
<!--QuoteBegin-nycgirl84
I've read so many bad things about this movie and how it distorts facts and takes things out of context, I feel like I won't get anything out of it. Plus, he grates on my last nerve. I don't need him to tell me the facts- I will stick to newspapers, magazines like Newsweek, and cable news.

His point is often that these forms of media are total bullsh*t. It's all lies and distorted facts.

I find some people are brainwashed by the media. They think that if it is on CNN then its true. They couldn't be further from the truth. There are many whistle blowers from FoxNews, CNN, NBC, and CBS who have made it public that stations alter news to please the people that are giving them money and tax cuts.

And what about the BBC or even the CBC in Canada? I still think there are much better ways to get the facts other than watching Michael Moore films. They're entertaining, but I think people are making the mistake of assuming that everything presented in the film is a fact. It's important to keep an open mind and realize that his work is heavily biased to the left just like certain news stations are biased towards the right. And despite the trucker-like appearance, Michael Moore has accumulated quite a bit of wealth from his work.
There have not been any whistle blowers from CBC or BBC. Or atleast none that I have heard about. [/b][/quote]
Exactly my point. Why not get your information from a reputable news source instead of Michael Moore?

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 28th, 2004 - 11:12 am
i dont know about his films, but his books are real strong
i can t see how someone would oppose his points, he's got very well documented points, actually i'm surprised he's the only american that dares speak them up,
moore for president :P
:P

Originally posted by banana+Jun 28th, 2004 - 8:12 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (banana @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 8:12 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by CelineChic@Jun 28th, 2004 - 7:08 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-nycgirl84

And what about the BBC or even the CBC in Canada? I still think there are much better ways to get the facts other than watching Michael Moore films. They're entertaining, but I think people are making the mistake of assuming that everything presented in the film is a fact. It's important to keep an open mind and realize that his work is heavily biased to the left just like certain news stations are biased towards the right. And despite the trucker-like appearance, Michael Moore has accumulated quite a bit of wealth from his work.

There have not been any whistle blowers from CBC or BBC. Or atleast none that I have heard about.
Exactly my point. Why not get your information from a reputable news source instead of Michael Moore? [/b][/quote]
i haave an idea...why not see the film before passing judgment... :wink: :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 28th, 2004 - 7:18 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 7:18 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by banana@Jun 28th, 2004 - 8:12 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-nycgirl84

Exactly my point. Why not get your information from a reputable news source instead of Michael Moore?
i haave an idea...why not see the film before passing judgment... :wink: :flower: [/b][/quote]
agreed :flower: :wink:

Originally posted by banana+Jun 28th, 2004 - 11:41 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (banana @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 11:41 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 28th, 2004 - 10:49 am
<!--QuoteBegin-banana
@Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:40 am
It's important to keep an open mind and realize that his work is heavily biased to the left just like certain news stations are biased towards the right.  And despite the trucker-like appearance, Michael Moore has accumulated quite a bit of wealth from his work.

since it's his only source of income...i certainly hope he's making a decent living at it so that he can continue to do it...why would anyone begrudge someone an income?...

and how can you compare the income michael moore is making to the wealth of the oil families profiled...i haven't even seen the film but i'm educated enough to know that oil money is on a level that i cannot even begin to comprehend...we're talking about billions...(BILLIONS AND BILLIONS) ...of dollars....

you really can't compare... :shock:

i agree that it's important to keep an open mind...and since we have so much of the media skewed to the right...it's good to hear from the left...

i've also heard that the corporation is quite a good film...

:flower:
The corporation was OK. A lot of stuff in the film was just general knowledge that anyone who watched the CBC (or BBC) would know.

I really don't see the point in blaming everything on oil companies if you're living the lifestyle that the oil companies are there to support. From what I've read Michael Moore lives a pretty lucrative lifestyle and so do a lot of his supporters. I'd have a lot more respect for him if he didn't capatalize off of an already existing left-wing population by preaching to the converted with his spiffy MTV style film editing. He doesn't offer any solutions to problems other than to b*tch about the world and purchase more of his media. He reminds me of a left-wing Dr. Phil.

In general I agree with a lot of his views but I think he gets more credit than he deserves. If you want to see a good anti-war documentary the Fog of War is an excellent pic. [/b][/quote]
:lol: thats sooo funny and sooo true good point.

I saw the movie on Saturday and there was a line around the block waiting to get in! I thought the movie was great, hilarious and touching all at the same time. His movies are very emotional and really get a reaction from the audience!

Originally posted by banana+Jun 28th, 2004 - 8:12 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (banana @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 8:12 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
<!--QuoteBegin-nycgirl84

Exactly my point. Why not get your information from a reputable news source instead of Michael Moore? [/b][/quote]
All of these stations are considered reputable and they all have the same garbage. BBC airs the same crap that CNN does except with more focus on European news, which is understandable since they’re on that side of the ocean. Remember the UK is just as bad as the US and want to make it look like they have a reason for invading Iraq. Mr. Blaire is Mr. Bush's puppy dog after all.

The only difference with BBC and CBC is that no one has "blown the whistle". Give it time and you will see. In the end they put whatever advertisers want and if they don't they simply go off the air because they'll have no funds

News is a business that loves the $$$$ (like most businesses) They'll alter news in as required.

For someone who refuses to listen to a man who backs up his claims with 3 hour documentaries I'm surprised that you'll listen and believe news from a 15 minute segment.

But you're right in the fact that almost everything anyone (Moore or news) says is contestable.

If I do end up seeing the film it would be for pure entertainment purposes. I don't really want to pay to see propoganda when I can see it for free on television even if it's to see the other side of the coin. It really jaded me to read about all of the fabricated events portrayed in bowling for columbine even if there were some underlying truths that I strongly beleive in. But now I'm reluctant to beleive anything moore says. I'm sure I'll be dragged to see the movie at some point, maybe this weekend because I'm going to my old university town where I have a membership for a small independent theatre that I like to support. I don't view moore as some sort of saint who is collecting money for a greater good, he is just like any other hollywood director out to make a buck.

The BBC is actually quite anti-war. Remember that they are the ones who got in trouble over Lord Hutton's "dodgy dossier" inquiry and the most top executive had to resign over it. The BBC was also the first to air Roger and Me, and I beleive they co-produced the Corporation with the CBC. I'm sure that if farenheit 9/11 has any merit they'll air that one as well. I now quite a few neo-conservatives that think the BBC and the CBC are leftist propaganda.

Oh and what's with ripping off the name from Ray Bradbury without permission? That's a bit weak.

Originally posted by banana@Jun 30th, 2004 - 9:04 am
I don't view moore as some sort of saint who is collecting money for a greater good, he is just like any other hollywood director out to make a buck.

actually that isn't true...remember...i did the movie poster...he's not like other hollywood people...in fact ...he's not 'hollywood' at all...

he takes what he does very seriously...it is certainly NOT about the money...i don't know where you're getting thse ideas... :unsure: :wacko:

Originally posted by Bond@Jun 28th, 2004 - 11:40 pm
I saw the movie on Saturday and there was a line around the block waiting to get in! I thought the movie was great, hilarious and touching all at the same time. His movies are very emotional and really get a reaction from the audience!
i just saw it! :woot: i agree, it was excellent. everbody loved it.

:clap:

I just got back from this movie and thought it was incredible as well. Of course its biased and all that, but I don't see how he could make a movie about this topic and not have it be biased.. I really reccomend this movie but not for the faint of heart. There is this one scene I almost cried in having to do with a mother reading her soldier son's last letter he sent before he died. A lot of the audiance was in tears. Just the fact that there was a big audiance at the 4:30 showing on a Tuesday should tell you something.

And I wish I could vote but I'm underage.. :(

Originally posted by banana@Jun 29th, 2004 - 12:13 am
I would not pay to see the movie out of principle.
Then how bout you don't keep talking about it out of principle? Just a thought... :innocent:

Shouldn't you be out spending your parent's money and driving the luxury economy?

There are movies out about how Michael Moore is anti-america...

So I dont know what to think about seeing this movie...

Originally posted by luna@Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:58 pm
There are movies out about how Michael Moore is anti-america...

So I dont know what to think about seeing this movie...
what movies?... :huh:

I don't know about movies but there is a book called Michael Moore is a fat stupid white man. I think it's by the same guy who keeps hacking his website so I don't really think it's any good. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->