handmade in England

thenaturalstore.co.uk

I forgot to mention enamore also uses recycled materials

DB_101.jpg

DB_109.jpg

DB_114.jpg

DB_117.jpg

homepage.mac.com/amoeba23/enamoreweb

organic does not mean FAIR TRADE. this say nothing about fair trade. they dont belong in this thread

Masquerade - I'm aware of that :P, but there has been a combining of the two into this thread and talk of splitting the threads, but I guess nobody ever got around to it.

Tarsian & Blinkley - fair trade clothing manufactured in Kabul, employees are local Afghan women.

Company statement and pics from the website, www.tarsian.com:
The past 24 years have been an unbelievably brutal period in the history of Afghanistan that has left much of the country and its people devastated. Yet a rich cultural legacy remains and that is what Tarsian & Blinkley seeks to revitalize. Tarsian & Blinkley works with local and international non-profit organizations in Afghanistan to create employment and educational opportunities for Afghan women in an environment that really nurtures and protects them from the exploitations they would otherwise face in their daily lives.

We pay our employees extremely fair wages that are well above country standards and expose them to market-sensitive practices of quality control. Our partners provide skill training such as tailoring and literacy. In exchange for the opportunity to make a sustainable living, feed themselves and their families, and acquire some rarely had peace of mind, Tarsian & Blinkley gets wonderfully loyal employees who stitch, embroider, bead, and knit beautiful clothing and accessories using age-old handicrafts techniques unique to Central Asia.

We work individually with each of the women that we employ to identify their unique strengths and handicrafts skills. Rosama, Marzia, Anise, Fatima, Karima, and dozens more….each has a unique tale and creativity that is distinctively expressed in the clothing that we produce.
Lillit_Mauve400.jpg

Kimon_Blue_Close400.jpg

Bohemia_Beige400.jpg

Scallop_Mauve400.jpg

Drape400.jpg

Scarf_Azul400.jpg

LapisDiscs400.jpg

"Fair trade" basically means that you're not exploiting third world countries in the search of cheap materials and labour, but make business in a more ethical way.

it also means that you are paying suppliers in third world countries fair prices for their products, ending over-subsidized dumping of our products on the world market (which causes native farmers/producers to lose the ability to compete) and ending trade restrictions placed on poorer countries as a part of agreeing to accept our "foreign aid".

click on my links below to get more info:flower:

I see, thanks for the explinations :smile: It's definatley a good cuase, but I dont think it would affect my choices of hwat I buy.

Fair Trade

I started this tread to post companies you know of who support fair trade. This was inspired when I saw posts in the thread about people's opinions on the Gap and their feelings about sweatshops.

I'll start by posting www.maketradefair.com (which you may know of if you are a Coldplay fan) image from the same website

Attachments

• banner1stat.gif
    banner1stat.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back