Fashion Cravings...

^Haha, yes, I am thinking I will just have to get a blanket. Capes tend to be too thin... Now I just need to find the correct one...

How's the quality of Castaners? They've got some seriously cute styles, but I've grown wary of espadrilles. Most espadrille wedge sandals I've owned and loved, even those that cost over 200 euros, have been SO easily destroyed...disheartening...(except for this random pair I got in a small village in Spain that cost like 10 euros and lasted me 3 years)...one never can tell...

Castañer makes espadrilles for houses like Chanel, Dior etc. They are an institution. There is another Spanish famous shop: La Manual Alpargatera. Prices are much more reasonable but I don't think you can purchase them online.

Today I actually got an email saying that a local high end store will have blanket coats this season:smile: Aren't I on-trend:lol: The pattern was fugly though, so I will keep looking for a blanket instead...

Castañer makes espadrilles for houses like Chanel, Dior etc. They are an institution. There is another Spanish famous shop: La Manual Alpargatera. Prices are much more reasonable but I don't think you can purchase them online.

Thank you, lovely information! :heart:

these...

etoile by IM
barneys.com

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-10-14 at 4.16.48 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-10-14 at 4.16.48 PM.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 2
I've been craving this sweater for a while:
http://www.nastygal.com/clothes-sweaters/nasty-gal-wild-for-the-night-crop-sweater
Or maybe it's the bra shape on sweaters and tops that I like. I went to the acne showroom and they had the ss pieces, some dresses and tops with that shape too and I was pretty obsessed with them as I left. ^_^'
If I'm honest they had these pieces made of an amazing velvet o.O I want that too ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
i want every coat i own to have a fur collar at the moment...
trying to satisfy this craving with a fur scarf...
but also trying to devise a way to attach a fur collar temporarily so i can remove it when i'm not in the mood...

hmmmm...
buttons...
:idea:

i want every coat i own to have a fur collar at the moment...
trying to satisfy this craving with a fur scarf...
but also trying to devise a way to attach a fur collar temporarily so i can remove it when i'm not in the mood...

hmmmm...
buttons...
:idea:

what about a ribbon tie one like this?

You can make a ribbon tie like that yourself. I have several vintage fur collars. It would be very easy to sew a silk ribbon onto it. I might actually do that. Thanks for the tip, Lucy92! :D

^ Etsy is a great source for vintage ribbon, better quality than what I can find in stores (though some shops also have bolts of vintage ribbon).

This is not news, but I am craving Alber Elbaz's Lanvin :wink:

what about a ribbon tie one like this?

thanks babe...:flower:

that one is super adorable and i have considered that sort of thing but what i really want is something actually attached to the coat collar...
something i can flip up on my neck to actually keep me warm and cozy...

plus-mongolian lamb and fox are my furs of choice and they don't really make good collars like that...too fluffy...

:bunny:...^_^...

maybe it's about attaching it to a sweater and layering that under the coat...
hmmmm...
it's good to consider all the options~!

another thing i am really feeling right now is BOUCLE...
i love the richness of the texture....

*eizhowa...
if you do it, please let us know how it turns out! i would love to see!
:heart:

Lightness. Whites, pale grey, pale blue and green.
If only my wardrobe could automatically turn a few shades lighter.. :magic:

I said lighter, not with extra holes. That's a whole different kind of lightness. :ninja:

^ I do like a winter white/pastel fix sometimes ... but the cold weather is so new here, I haven't had a chance to get tired of anything yet. Today it's gotten into the 70s, but there's been a chill wind blowing ...

Maybe you could find some flannel pants in a light color, like light grey or ivory ... would you wear something like that? I'm picturing something with darker leather or bone buttons ...

Or a cashmere or wool sweater in a complex blue-green would be really nice.

It's not that I'm tired of my wardrobe, I'm pretty content actually. But I gravitate to the ligher items more at the moment.

thanks babe...:flower:

that one is super adorable and i have considered that sort of thing but what i really want is something actually attached to the coat collar...
something i can flip up on my neck to actually keep me warm and cozy...

plus-mongolian lamb and fox are my furs of choice and they don't really make good collars like that...too fluffy...

:bunny:...^_^...

maybe it's about attaching it to a sweater and layering that under the coat...
hmmmm...
it's good to consider all the options~!

another thing i am really feeling right now is BOUCLE...
i love the richness of the texture....

*eizhowa...
if you do it, please let us know how it turns out! i would love to see!
:heart:

I think I actually have a ton of those fur collars you'd be looking for. They have a lining, with button holes all the way accross, so you'd just need to sew the correct size button on your coat collar.

that does sound like what i'm thinking...
except i was thinking the other way round...

i don't want a bunch of buttons on my coat collar...
but i was thinking i could sew buttons on the fur collar and then maybe do some sort of loop (maybe elastic?) on the collar to hold it in place...
or maybe i have to make some sort of tab at the corners of the fur...

why do you have a ton of them?
and why don't you use them?~~?
what kind of fur?
:unsure:...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back