Fashion Design Software

Regarding textile design software specifically;

Other somewhat pricey options with great flexibility, if you spend the
time learning programming, are Mathematica and a step down is
a program called Artlandia. Both programs are useful for textile design
and are math based.

For just a Photoshop plug-in I found Xaos' Terrazzo helpful for repeats.

Anybody here has tried Lectra program?? I also use autocad for technical drawings and it works fine once you know the basics of the program. But i'm interested in LEctra, just curious to know if it is as good as it's seems and if it's worth to pay that amount of money.

Fashion designing software

I would like to start designing my own clothes and I am interested in doing it with a designing software. So I would like to hear your opinions and your suggestions. Which program should I use? Are there any tips that make the designing easier etc.

Thanks in advance!:D

by the way have you heard of any fashion design programs?
i didn't know there was such thing...

a lot of people use Adobe Illustrator --it's just a drawing/colouring/etc tool. some members here just download templates (of model bodies) to print out and then draw clothes on top
in both cases you still have to know how to render different materials yourself.. leather, denim, fur

More ideas in this thread:
Fashion Illustration & Drawing, How to? / Art materials, croquis, materials, books

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for resurfacing this thread ^_^ But does anyone know which software the industry prefers if one was to apply for a design position? Like is there a universal fashion software that the entire industry works with?

^ For sure! I'll never put them down! But you can't blame the industry for moving forward.

This question is directed are people who work in the fashion industry or have had experience with digital fashion design.

In your opinion, which is the best fashion design software (preferably with 3D modeling) available?

A couple programs

Does anyone have any tips as to what the best computer aided fashion design software is? Which one do people use? Which has the best options? The best efficiency? Has anyone used any of them?

Thanks ahead for any help!

Hi there, there's the Wild Ginger pattern making software series you could try, they're pretty affordable too, and Etelestia offers a trial of their software so you can check it out for free, last time I checked. Good luck

question

Can I ask a question about Fashion Design Software?

In a report about the Cristóbal Balenciaga museum on french-german network arte they recently showed a phantastic software.
It first showed the parts of the dress and then it was put together/assembled to the dress. Here are some impressions (starts left top, then right top,..., ends right bottom:(
*Edited*

As a fashion-outsider can I ask: is this a commercial software or was it maybe just developed for the museum?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi :nm: ,

I don't know if this software is from the museum but it reminds me a lot of the lectra modaris. Here's their website

You can buy their programs but...of course, paying a lot of money for them.

Can I ask for another software...

You guys helped me a lot last time. This time, can I ask: this picture view is that some special Lightroom view or a complete different software? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Image Software.jpg
    Image Software.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 18
Sorry to come back to it. Could that be "Capture One (pro)"?

Another fashion software-related question came to my mind these days: on Franco-German TV-channel ARTE I saw a report about Christian Dior and his drawings. They animated a drawing of him, for example moved the arms (see sequence attached). Is it meanwhile possible to draw a piece of clothing on say an iPad and change, improve (or animate like here) the sketch. Which programme or application is best for that? Thanks in advance.

ARTE Dior.jpg

I've never tried software and actually never thought of it. I want to start using it though.

[...]. Is it meanwhile possible to draw a piece of clothing on say an iPad and change, improve (or animate like here) the sketch. Which programme or application is best for that? Thanks in advance.
View attachment 1088615
I meanwhile found a video called "iPad Pro and Apple Pencil for Fashion Design and Pattern Drafting" with an app called 'concepts' on youtube (don't know if I'm allowed to link here)

If you're looking to transition to digital sketching then I would recommend procreate. It's the best drawing App on the iPad.

I am using Optitex, CLO3D for virtual apparel development. Optitex is a great tool for 2D pattern design but CLO is the best in 3D prototype development. I developed a lot of 3D apparel, pls check the link below.
I developed thousand of styles of 3D apparel for different customer. Here I attached two rendered image that I developed. it is hard to believe that those styles doesn't exist in real life.02.jpg Swimshort.jpg

RYJazE

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->