First Model You Liked

Discussion in 'The ETC's of the Modeling World' started by maarit, Jan 7, 2004.

1. oicicup

oicicup New Member

cintia dicker - probably on here or in teen vogue. omg. ^_^

2. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

i always sort of liked models and eh but i really got interested in them and the fashion industry more in depth after the gucci gothic advertisements. i fell in love with natalia vodianova and then with that alice and wonderland editorial became a sucker. the funny thing is that eugenia volodina, who is probably my new favorite, was in those advertisements with natalia and i completely over looked her and didn't think she was as deserving as natalia. or not necessarily as deserving i was just disappointed when i opened a magazine and she was the one in the ads and not natalia. i thought natalia should have been in all of them.

3. casualchic

casualchic New Member

Christy Turlington

I've adored this woman ever since I saw her in the pages of some random magazine; she just mixes womanly sophistication and youthful energy together so effortlessly. She always seems like a really elegant woman inside and out, though she doesn't have the versatility and edginess of younger models :)

[​IMG]

4. Missoni~Heiress

Missoni~Heiress Seductress in Eden

:unsure: The first model i feel in love with was a versace model... i met him in a nightclub... i was so arrogant thinking he knew nothing about fashion... he had a $60,000 watch it was really amazing... he looked like a hotter version of eric brady rom days of our lives....

5. SCBl0ndie

SCBl0ndie Guest

You took this thread to a whole new level.

6. zonder

zonder New Member

About 4-5 yrs ago- waiting in line at supermarket- picked up vogue-decided to buy it- Saw An oost in there, & it was something interesting & different- then on Ftv I saw her Model thing- & Delfine's, Erin W's, & Jacquetta's, It started from there -

7. marc jacobs addict

marc jacobs addict New Member

first model that i ever fell in love with... thats a toughie. i grew up with fashion magazines all around me (i have an older sister of 6 years) so i think i grew up around fashion models and the like. but falling in love, the first i REMEMBER would have to be kate moss. it was the end of her "era" in terms of being EVERYWHERE, but i loved her. and then gisele pre-overexposure.. then carmen kass.. no one for awhile. then came julia, hana, and daria. and now, GEMMA! i just love models. :blush:

8. marc jacobs addict

marc jacobs addict New Member

oh my goodness!! how could i have forgotten!!! Erin Wasson and Jacquetta Wheeler were big for me in the beginning too. oh boy, i'm sure there were some more that are slipping my mind...

9. MrsMarcJacobs

MrsMarcJacobs New Member

I was really bored and decided to buy a magazine. I had already purchased all the other magazines at the store:blush: so I was *forced* to pick up Teen Vogue. Suprisingly, I really liked it, I was flipping thru the pages and came upon this ethereal looking creature and was so taken back, I was just kind of in a trance for a minute or two. Anyways her name was Gemma Ward and they did an article on her. Months later, (thanks to that mag) I was flipping thru Elle Canada and my eyes stopped on none other than Gemma. I suddenly bewcame very interested in her and since then have LOVED her.:heart: :heart: :heart:

10. Nueva

Nueva New Member

this isn't alek wek. it's clara benjamin.

11. Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee New Member

Elise on 42nd street.

12. Heroin_Chic

Heroin_Chic New Member

Shaun DeWet`s Ad for Boss (F/W 03/04) hanging at the Busstop in front of my house - love on first sight! :heart:

13. Eline

Eline Active Member

first fell in :heart: with Mariacarla and Natalia V.
    but now it's Dovile:D

14. Gazillion

Gazillion Team Elise

Elise... i was reading the Face magazine, one pic of her totally blew me away :blush:
    and that was the first time i so wanted to know who that stunning girl was in the magazine...

15. Tallulahbelle

Tallulahbelle New Member

The first models i realy liked were Milla Jovovich and Helena Christensen,I first saw them first i think in magazines and have been in love ever since.

16. fullfrontal

fullfrontal New Member

I'm newer to the fashion world than most of you but...

...back when I watched MTV, I noticed this really cool tough chick during one of the Fashionably Loud shows. She really stood out because I could care less about models at the time. But I didn't know her name. Then years later I saw a backstage picture and noticed it was the same girl. That's when I found out her name was Omahyra.

From there I started watching the shows to see her walk, then I stumbled into The Fashion Spot. But since Omahyra doesn't seem to work as much these days, I've added Amanda Moore, Erin W, Diana Dondoe, Isabeli to the list of favs. And on the all time list, Gia Carangi was fabulous.

17. Bellissima

Bellissima New Member

:blush: I can still remember the day as vividly as if it occured yesterday.
    I stumbled upon the Gianni Versace Show during fashion Week in Milano, on T.V.
    There were tons of models on the runway, all adorn in stunning and breathtaking dresses, but then my breath stopped when I saw the most amazing, beautiful, and maginificant face, presence and body on the runway.......Cindy Crawford. She looked like a goddess.....so surreal, timeless, and astounding. I regard her as the first supermodel, and she was the one who really got me interested and involved in fashion, designers, and models.
    It would still be an honor for me to be able to meet her, and thank her ;)

18. Foxie-Pooh

Foxie-Pooh New Member

Carmen Kass on her model profile on fashion file or something like that. I never liked anyone else until I saw Angela's Dior hardcore ads. Now I love Carmen, Angela, Ai, and Kate.

#78 Foxie-Pooh, Jan 19, 2005
    Last edited by moderator Moxie: Jan 19, 2005
  19. PinUpGirl

PinUpGirl New Member

When I was 14 I bought a (I think it was) German Elle and there was an editorial with Milla Jovovich. It was a grey-ish, spacelike story, and she was soo beautiful :heart: I couldn't believe she was only about a month older than me. I liked fashion and models before, but that was the first model that really struck me.

Soon after that I discoverd Kate Moss (that picture of her in black stockings and Viv Westwood heels in a bathroom :heart:) and she became my favorite model. I don't like Milla that much anymore, but I still feel the amazement when I think about that first editorial I saw.

20. NYFashion

NYFashion New Member

Julien :)

Hey Guys - my first post here :D The first model I fell in love with? Julien Hedquist. Back when I knew nothing about fashion haha. Now I work in fashion. I think he is an amazing model - so unique. Has the most amazing eyes hmmmmmmmmmm.