Future Fashion Function?

Erikpironman

Reaction score
Dear Fashion Spotters,

I truely love coming to this forum and reading all the articles, it seems to be one of the few locations on the web where the community is so involved. I actually regret only reading and not posting as much. The reason why I write this post is because im interested in the fashion industry. Currently I am on an internship at the Park Hyatt Vendome Paris, as a 20 yr old student from Hotelschool the Hague (a management school focused on the hospitality industry), this internship has made me think quite a bit about my career and future. I have always been interested in fashion and the industry, I do have some questions;

-What in your opinion makes the fashion industry different from other industries?
-What are the dissadvantages of working in the industry?
-What skills are needed to succeed in the industry?
-What do you like the most about working in the industry?

I have read many articles, and I see that the way to roll into the industry is through connections. I know that there are many knowledgable posters out there and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

By the way, if anyone wants to meet up in Paris, and explain to me the intricacies of the fashion industry, I will be here untill the 12th of January.

Peace, Erik

P.S. and yes there is a lot of fashion buzz in my hotel right now, wooohoooo!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigsadrn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->