• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

G + N

Estella*

a dim capacity for wings
Reaction score
from www.dutchfashionfoundation.com
G+N, made up of the duo Gerrit Uittenbogaard and Natasja Martens started out in 1999. After his graduation, Uittenbogaard went on to earn a master degree at the Fashion Institute Arnhem where he was among the first group to complete the newly set up training course. Martens designed the accessories for Uittenbogaards FIA final exam show. G+N’s clothes are just as sharp and graphic as the plus symbol in their logo. Even though their clothes on occasions include strange physical elements and sometimes have an unnatural silhouette, they’re not alienating. The staccato play of lines and razor sharp folds, reminiscent of origami, could be an explanation for G+N’s popularity in Japan. Uittenbogaard, while still at the academy, decided to do away with dress patterns and so laid the basis for G+N’s unique signature style. Lack of theoretical background prompted an innovative and unorthodox way of working. The investigative and intuitive character of moulage also plays an important role in G+N’s design process.

Fashionfugitive, the G+N Internet site that went on line in 2000, was significantly named - a hint of self-mockery aimed at putting the fashion world into perspective. Similarly G+N caused a sensation with a wrist accessory inspired by a pincushion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bjeez...I hadn't seen anything from them in ages...and I'd been wondering what was going on. In fact,the last thing I saw were those pin-cushion bracelet's.

Thanks,Anna :flower:

I like G + N , Anna, thanks for starting this thread.

Nice image choices, I also like this:
3722_10841.jpg

I like the look with the green belt in the first post

I went to this "next generation" fashion-exhibition in The Hague.
Loved G+N there!
I found the pink dress with fake fur and the stainless steel masks fabulous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->