From Australian Women's Weekly...

002oki.jpg
003yyn.jpg
004uwx.jpg

005kyb.jpg
006ocb.jpg

my scans

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yes! You know, where I used to work we had an endless stream of celebrities in and out, and I never really cared too much....But if I ever got to a Chanel event and could meet the inner circle I think I would be speechless!!:blush: Especially to go to Rue Cambon- the Vatican of Fashion!!

For someone who asked about the Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky movie, those bad reviews are made by people who don't understand fashion nor art. They obviously come from people who are only interested in mega hit movies with famous cast.
The movie is very beautiful, especially the story about the love affair between Coco and Igor. The movie literally shows the empty love life of both characters - and how special they feel after secretly getting together.
It's an amazing movie, really. Definitely worth watching for people who understand what real treasure is.

BOOK REVIEW: The Glamorous Lies Of Coco Chanel

We tend to give the people we admire most the benefit of the doubt. But what good is that practice when the person we’re busy admiring is the one who created that doubt to begin with?

That’s the question confronted in Justine Picardies new biography Coco Chanel: The Legend and the Life. As it turns out, Madamoiselle lied. A lot. She told countless versions of her life story to different friends and family members, purposefully obscuring (or conveniently forgetting) the truth as it suited her needs. From her actual age (Was she in her teens or her 30s when she met Boy Capel?) to her upbringing (Did her father deposit her at a convent, or was she orphaned and raised by her aunts?), the designer who turned simplicity into luxury had a few things she wanted to hide.
Picardie’s zeal in uncovering the truth — and discovering the hidden meaning behind the symbols that popped up in Chanel’s work and personal lives — makes for a read that is always interesting, if at times a little dense. Still, the diference between Chanel’s legacy and the life she actually lived is sure to get anyone who loves the brand or its founder through even the most detail-laden of Picardie’s paragraphs. Then again, the devil (and the whole story) is in the details.
If we’ve piqued your interest, well, good!

chanelbook.jpg

stylite.com

Elle 3407 France April 15-21, 2011 ebook30

Re #154- I just ordered the book, was surprised to find a used copy cheap... ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"