General CHANEL Questions

sugarplum

Reaction score
I was thrifting today and I came across what looks like a black quilted Chanel fanny pack. Did Chanel make anything like that? It has the interlocked C's on top and a black tag inside that says "Chanel" in gold lettering and "Made in", but that part of the tag is worn and I couldn't read it clearly (and was in a dark part of the store trying not to draw too much attention). And it has a black leather tassel with gold trim. It also has a back zippered pocket (accessed from another zipper on top of the bag). When I think Chanel, I think classic, but this didn't strike me that way at all. Is it possible? Help!

i have seen chanel fanny packs fromt he 80's , im shr it coudl eb reall

I cant really help you on that one but looka orudn on the web tehre are some sites that give tips for autheticateing.

Hmm...sounds real to me, and if its on a thrift store, it cant be expensive, or am I wrong??...I would buy it. :wink:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Nov 10th, 2003 - 1:39 pm
Hmm...sounds real to me, and if its on a thrift store, it cant be expensive, or am I wrong??...I would buy it. :wink:
yeah ditto

I remember there being a Chanel fannypack. That would be kinda a weird thing to make a fake of imo. :blink:

Originally posted by LLaura+Nov 10th, 2003 - 8:41 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LLaura @ Nov 10th, 2003 - 8:41 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Nov 10th, 2003 - 1:39 pm
yeah ditto

I remember there being a Chanel fannypack. That would be kinda a weird thing to make a fake of imo. :blink: [/b][/quote]
Yes, less and less people are attracted to those vintage Chanel bags, of course, they are stupid!, because intelligent shoppers knows that if its real, its worth a lot more than the price that the store is selling it for.... I would definitely buy it :wink:

You should buy it and then take it some place where they sell Chanel (some Nordstroms have a chanel purse "store" in them) and see if they can tell you if it's authentic.

I'm still stuck on the idea the Chanel made fannypacks. How weird...

I'd buy it even if it's not real. It's something different.

And if it is real you just saved something rare :lol:

Originally posted by fortezza@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 9:54 pm
I'm still stuck on the idea the Chanel made fannypacks. How weird...

Exactly!, but remember that Chanel has evolved a lot, I don't have a doubt that Karl would have created a fanny back for some collection. :flower: I still would buy it :wink:

I was going to go see about a pink Chanel quilted today at the SF boutique. I saw that someone posted a picture of a pink one in the smooth leather here at tFS, but the SA told me that it doesn't come in the pink smooth leather. Does anyone know anything about this... or if it would be available abroad perhaps? :unsure: :( :cry:

it should come in pink. :huh:
i know it comes in white and they are redoing it for the new season. CHANEL SAs are not always very well informed. they get the collection training/catwalk show screening just a few days b4 it enters the store. so maybe she just doesnt know?! :unsure:

Originally posted by tiffany@Dec 21st, 2003 - 10:34 pm
this is off topic but meowmix ur avtar is so cute
YES! Totally.

Aww hehe :blush: thank you, Tiffany and Tott! His name is Domo-kun and he's from a Japanese TV show...

Back to topic.. :innocent: The SA told me that they have "access to all the inventories in the US" and that they don't even make it in pink and that I couldn't even order it or anything... That said, which boutique have you seen in it, Matisse?

Hi, I'm new here. Let me just say, this board is really, really great! I've been reading it for about a month now and I have learned so much. I finally decided to sign on since I have a question I need to ask.

I don't know how to add a picture/logo to my username, but if I could I'd put up one of Edina Monsoon...I see Patsy is already here : )

I'm really new to handbags. In fact I didn't buy my first handbag until last year (and I'm 33). I've spent most of my life in school so my backpack substituted - when I went out at night I would just make my boyfriend carry my license/money/credit card and such!

Well, in the past year I've bought 3 handbags....so I'm catching up.

On to the questions: I've been on several waiting list for a Chanel classic, medium size, black caviar with silver hardware. A few came trough for me (one at a Sak's in San Antonio TX, one at the Chanel boutique in Vegas, and one from a Neiman Marcus in San Diego). I went with the one from Neiman Marcus in SD because they had been so great to me there, and would always keep me updated on the bag. Now I have to admit I have never checked out all the features on a Chanel classic, and when it finally arived in the mail today I looked it over intensely! I have been reading so much about knock-offs lately (there was an article in our local paper about it recently) so my questions are:

1. Neiman Marcus is an authorized seller, yes? I mean I can be guarenteed that it is real, even if it was shipped to me from NM rather than being purchased over the counter?

2. If you lift up the front flap, there is this small, zippered pocket (long and thin) with a little strip of caviar leather as the zipper pull? What is this pocket for? Is it suppose to be there? Is the zipper pull suppose to be leather? (Sorry I don't have a picture)

This may be the stupidest question ever, becuase I assume if NM sold a fake to someone the lawsuit would be, well, it would be big...

The only other problem, I showed it to my mom and now she wants it! So I have to see if I can still get one from the other waiting lists I was on.

Anyway, thanks for any information you can provide!

I'd say you really don't have anything to worry about... Neiman is definitely an authorized dealer and many people have their orders shipped to them...esp since many high end items are stocked in such low quantities in boutiques, etc... It's very common, so don't worry! :flower:
BTW, the little zippered section is supposed to be there

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"