Germany shopping

jo12_8

Reaction score
I am going to Germany for a business trip. My sis and mommy asked me to buy them designers bags over there. My sis is after a Fendi Spy and my mom is after a Chanel bag.

Does anyone have any ideas if it is cheaper to buy them over there than Hong Kong (i am from Hong Kong , anyway). My sis said it is cheaper to get it from Europe as I can get the tax return on the day i depart. Advice pls!!!!

:flower: Thanks in advance :flower:

My brother bought an LV bag in Malaysia, and it had actually been cheaper to buy it here in Stockholm... I've always heard that luxury goods are more expensive in Asia than they are in Europe.

more questions :

1. are there any luxury designer stores (such as Fendi and Chanel) at Cologne???

2. any department stores over there?? Location please ????

thank you

I think Fendi and Chanel is cheaper in HK than in Germany, because of the tax.

does anyone know where to buy fendi in munich??

in which part of germany do you want to shop? or are you ready to travel around? :wink:

Hey cosmicgirli!!
i am from Bavaria ,too(but more
from the east-south)
And I can say....
Munich is the best or
Nürnberg/Bamberg;all
those big cities...

in Muenchen you'll find the best store all around germany... One of my favorite is Theresa in Lehel on Maffreistrass i think..right before Maximilian Strass where actually youll find probably all you want.

Munich is amazing.....but if you're able to travel I'd go to Hamburg, there are some awesome shops.....:P
Hamburg is my favourit German city, go there if you're able to ^_^

You know;maybe Berlin is better but it is soo huge and till you find someting,you don`t wanna do anything;
So munich is better;and it is much more familiar; you feel more at home there;

I don´t know, Munich is by far too conservative, established in a sense. Most of the shops don´t dare to buy special pieces from the designers, it´s all rather safe and conservatively selected. What a pity that the Helmut Lang store will close down, his shoes were modern and very nicely cut, without all those fuzzy little details like small buckles, bows or rhinestones.

I´d still say that Berlin is probably the BEST city in Germany for shopping, the shops are all very selected and well-edited, from the streetwise shops to the more exclusive designer stockists. Quartier 2006 / department store has all the fancy footwear designers, from Christian Louboutin to Manolo Blahnik and Alaia, and there are also shops from the YSL, Gucci, Etro and Vuitton in the same building. They also have a mail-order catalogue if you can´t come by yourself. Münzstrasse in the Mitte-district has several great designer shops that should as well have some assorted footwear to go with their collections, try Apartment for ultra-limited-edition sneakers but also the latest N.D.C. made by hand/ Undercover styles. A new shop that recently opened has Ann Demeulemeester, Dries Van Noten and several other designers. Then finally, there´s Andreas Murkudis who stocks Belgian designers (and shoes).

ok you are right.
But it is mostly in Bavariy like that,
the people are conservative in clothes
and such things;
Some time ago a friend
from Berlin visited me and they(my neighboors) all
looked at her just like she was an alien,just cause she was dressed
very stylish and fresh.
But Berlin is sooo huge and you have to
know where to go to;
or you will spent a week there without
any results......

Berlin is not that big ...Kurfurstendammstrass has great shops

Actually i think in Munich people tend to show off their wealth a little bit more than in the rest of germany and they do it in a very elegant way.

German_babe said:
Munich is amazing.....but if you're able to travel I'd go to Hamburg, there are some awesome shops.....:P
Hamburg is my favourit German city, go there if you're able to ^_^

any shopping tips for hamburg?

Hey guys, I'll be in Munich for 2 weeks during my summer vacation. Do you guys have any recommendations on where to shop and eat? I'd love to know where quaint little cafes are, where I can spend a whole day reading a book without getting disturbed as well as where the best shopping places are.

Thanks in advance.:flower:

some nice cafes are
day:
'maria' (klenzestr. 97)
'aromabar' (pestalozzistr.24)

night:
'cafe am hochhaus' (blumenstr.29)
cafe 'gap' (goethestr.34)
südstadt (thalkirchnerstr.29)

shops:
ilona & hoj (kapuzinerstr.2)
http://www.ilonawittmann.de/

tragbar (also a cafe)
(zenettistr.33)
http://www.tragbar.info/

serie a (klenzestr.40)
http://www.serieastore.com/

haltbar (klenzestr.57 a)
http://www.haltbarprodukte.de/

i will try to think of more ... but it's easier if you tell me what kind of shops you're interested in:flower:

^ Thanks so much. I'm looking for multi-label shops, something like Colette in Paris. They don't have to be that high-end though. And I'd like to know a great place to get really cheap jewelley like flea markets. Oh, and do you happen to know any store which stocks Vanessa Bruno?

Thanks so much!:flower:

a multi-label shop would be ludwig beck, it's also very central (marienplatz)..
could be that serie a stocks vanessa bruno but i'm not sure.
there are at least two regular flea-markets but if you're lucky you will be here when the 'backyard fleamarkets' are taking place, usually some time in june or july in the areas schwabing and glockenbachviertel (which is also where most of the cafes is listed are).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->