Germany shopping

^ Thanks so much- I'll definitely keep those pointers in mind when I visit Munich:flower:

The POOL Shop downstairs at Maximilianstrasse is nice. its very close to ETRO and D&G, in the same building at the left handside of the street starting from the opera.

Some Shoes you could find at BEHRINGER close to "5 Höfe"
they started a special spring sale 4 days ago, but the most of it should be gone.^_^

I'm going to Berlin within 2 weeks. If anyone has any tips on where to shop and any museums/art galleries to visit, it will be much appriciated if you shared :smile:

edit: I found the Berlin thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I lived in Germany last year and when we traveled to Berlin I dragged my host sister to the flea market in the Mauerpark for almost half a day! We loved it. They truly have everything, from independent artists and designers to vintage jewelry and leather. We found so much lovely stuff and you can haggle (of course it helps to speak German, I would recommend to at least know the numbers so you can hear what other people are paying and not get ripped off). I bought my favorite ring - an avant-garde heavy sterling silver one - for 2 euro- it was a really funny story. I asked the Turkish guy selling it how much it was and he said 5 euro, I said 1 because it was bent, and then he said 4 and I said 2 and he gave up :smile: He had his Turkish accent and I had my American one and then we talked about soccer for a bit. It's one of my best memories and one of the reasons I just adore Berlin. I swear I'm homesick for it; I only spent two weeks in that city but I'm missing a place that is not actually my home. It's just a magical place, especially the creative energy.

Thank you for the link although I'm back from my trip!

Couldn't agree more on your description of Berlin. There is really no place in the world that apprciates artists as much as Berlin.

I want to go back like now..

(sorry for the off-topic)

i'm traveling to Dusseldorf in a week! Any tips on the best places to shop & eat? Where are all the chic boutiques? department stores? any cool german designers to look for? the best cafe's and restaurants?

Thank you!!!

@ dana . . . well, the major shopping area is the altstadt (old city) which has all the international brands. that's the only place i've shopped there, but the h&m there had some capsule lines that were interesting and my host father loooooved the big shopping mall with all the high-end brands. dusseldorf is like the "media" center of germany, kinda like hollywood, so there's bound to be good shopping! let me know what you find!

sorry, don't know if you're german so if you are, you already know this i'm sure . . .
but heinrich-heine-allee in the altstadt is called "the longest pub in the world" because all the breweries/restaurants put their tables outside and it's like a big picnic. so fun! i spent most of my few days in dusseldorf in the breweries learning about the altbier from my host father :wink:

@ dana . . . well, the major shopping area is the altstadt (old city) which has all the international brands. that's the only place i've shopped there, but the h&m there had some capsule lines that were interesting and my host father loooooved the big shopping mall with all the high-end brands. dusseldorf is like the "media" center of germany, kinda like hollywood, so there's bound to be good shopping! let me know what you find!

sorry, don't know if you're german so if you are, you already know this i'm sure . . .
but heinrich-heine-allee in the altstadt is called "the longest pub in the world" because all the breweries/restaurants put their tables outside and it's like a big picnic. so fun! i spent most of my few days in dusseldorf in the breweries learning about the altbier from my host father :wink:

Thank you Caroline for your reply, I've been to that street with all the international brands, enjoyed it very much ( for those people traveling there soon) there is an Hermes, Chanel, MCM, Gucci, Prada, Hogan, Walter Steiger Louis Vuitton, Burrbery is opening soon, there is a boutique that carries many different brands like Dior, MiuMiu, Marni, Just Cavalli, Philip Plein and other brands right on the street right on the street next to the other brands. Do you remember the name of the big shopping mall?

Well so far I didn't buy except many different kinds of pantyhose mesh and opaque ones from american apparel :P

oh, and karlstadt has lots of antique shops and art galleries, if you are interested in any of that...

As for malls, Koegallerie has a Jil Sander but otherwise I didn't see any designer stores there and I didn't look in the larger stores to see if they carry higher end brands.
the Schadow Arkaden is on Koenigsallee and it's shaped like a star . . . that's the mall I was talking about above. They have an H&M, Zara, a dm, a DeutscheBank, and some expensive boutiques. There's also a MAC counter.
there's also a "theme" mall called Seven which I've never been to. I do remember hearing that it's tax-free.
also there's a flohmarkt (street market) every saturday at 8 at Aachener Platz.
but definitely ask the concierge at your hotel, or maybe do an internet search? When I was in DUE I was a very poor student so I didn't go to nice shops at all, this is just what I've seen. and please forgive me if I've misspelled anything :smile:

I'm going to Frankfurt am Main later this week and I would love to hear all the shopping tips. I've been in the city several times before in the city centre and seen all the basic stores Kaufhof, P&C... But I would love to know more about some brand outlets and smaller stores. It would be also nice to know if it's wise to travel to the smaller cities nearby such as Mainz or Wiesbaden for shopping or is the Frankfurt area the best place for a weekend shopping? Thanks in advance.

usually I love to go downtown and do windowshopping, but i study in Marburg now and there is actually nothing to go windowshopping. is someone from here who lives in marburg and can give me some tips?

Berlin shopping

Hi everyone, I went to Berlin once years ago and I only had a couple days there so I only had 3 hours or so to shop but I found the best area to shop which was more like SoHo rather than 5th Ave (point of comparison for new Yorkers). It had a filippa K store and lots of tiny streets (cobblestone?) full of similar shops. I’m really into the Scandinavian brands. Does anyone know what filippa k store is located in this very limited description of mine? I would like to shop there again when I’m there for 4 days. Here are the list of filippa k stores in Berlin:

1. Amorph
Schlüterstr. 3710629, BerlinGermany
Woman
2. Aquagefühlsanstalt
Wühlischstrasse 2810245, BerlinGermany
Man, Woman
3. Filippa K
Alte Schönhauser Strasse 1110119, BerlinGermany+49 030 [email protected]
Man, Woman
4. Filippa K
Schlüterstrasse 5010629, [email protected]
Man, Woman
5. Greta & Luis
Rosenthaler Str. 1510119, BerlinGermany
Man, Woman
6. Shoeting
Bergmannstr. 810961, BerlinGermany
Woman

Ok rereshing tread - im going to Frankfurt am Main in few days - would love to find nice shop with "clean style" in style like COS, &Other Stories, Jill Sander, The Row and so on. Rather minimalistic luxury.

Any tips - also about nice cafes & bar/clubs?

COS is downtown. Don´t know if there is a &other stories?
Personally I love to go to the Skyline Plaza Mall (near the main station).

I´m going to Luxembourg next week. Any tips?

COS is downtown. Don´t know if there is a &other stories?
Personally I love to go to the Skyline Plaza Mall (near the main station).

I´m going to Luxembourg next week. Any tips?

Thanks, I found nice shop called Hayashi, which run lines like Carven, Acne and Kenzo which is gret, exactyle what I was looking for. Any more in this type?

What abut shop in Skyline Plaza, anything nice?

Refreshing again - goingto berlin, last time I was vintage focused but now - ISABEL MARANT is my only goal - anyone knows shops and outlets who run old or/and new collections?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->