Grey's Anatomy

^ Me too. She had no right to be treated that way.

The more sentimental scenes I watch with Patrick Demsey, the more I realize how limited his actiing abilities are. :ninja: It's all in the eyes and hair for him, to me.... if that makes sense. Well, what I mean is that he looks tired when he's mad.

I'm rambling....

:woot: how did I miss this thread??

Agree I prefer Burke to McDreamy

:lol: Tinu McDome

oh I cried in the last episode :cry: poor Southern Family

one more thing bring back McSteamy

OMG! saw last Sunday's episode. That was gutwrenching! now i know why i didn't become a doctor...

#1. lack of beauty sleep

#2. all that blood

#3. lack of alot of beauty sleep

#4. inside the human body.

i have to admit i had to cover my eyes when they do surgery. i get queasy ^_^

...but did you see Dr. McVet???? wow Chris has jump 10 degrees higher in my thermometerB)

...but you fell asleep

Christine kills me! :lol: How funny was that when she told Burke the sex was great but then he said, "..but you fell asleep." :lol: damn she her sleep must've been THAT good to not realized she was a sleep. :lol:

^ :lol: at cristina/burke too

but i thought it was so sad when mcdreamy goes, "it's done." and she replies, "finally." and it's heartbreaking because we all know it's never going to be done with these two :(

we need some mer/der lovin'! and soon!

I can't wait for the season's finale! :woot:

Is it me or did Christina looking at Burke flying off reminds me of M.A.S.H. when Hawkeye was looking at Mike Farrell leaving Korea ? :huh:

For those who love Grey's Anatomy, tonight's part 1 of the finale is going to be intense so you have to watch!!! I love this show and I have a Canadian friend who already saw it so she filled me in. I'm so excited to watch it, i cant wait!!!

Ugh... I can't wait until tomorrow night... but Prisonbreak is on a little late cause of the presidential address!!

The episode was really good tonight.. made me cry ... :cry:

Oh my gosh! Can't wait to see what happens tmrw. It's soooo intense tonight. I was shocked to see....
Are Prison Break and GA gonna be at the same slot 'cause of the speech? Please, NOOOOOOOOOO.

omg wasnt that episode awesome. I was in shock even tho I knew what was going to happen!!! 9pm seems like forever away!!!!

Soooo sad but good! I love the shots of my city ^_^

I can't wait to see what happens with Denny and Izzy... and Meredith and Derek... and Burke and Christina.. uh, who am I kidding? I can't wait for tomorrow!

Luna said:
The episode was really good tonight.. made me cry ... :cry:

Same here... but, I'm also excited- this isn't even the season finale cliffhanger, it's tomorrow's!!!!!!!! Can you imagine the wait lasting an entire summer for Grey's Anatomy to be back on, then??? :blink:

Ooookay, Izzie needs to get an Emmy for that scene :o . Very emotional and damn it , it wells ones eyes too.

I can't wait for tonight! it better not be cut because of the friggin Presidential Speech :angry:

^ absolutely! Love her character! (minus the whole Alex debacle) what she did took major balls, desperately stupidly selfish balls (two words that shouldn't be in a sentence together) but there you have it. That last scene of her and Denny was so incredibly heartwrenching.:cry: They have oodles of chemistry, please please please don't let Denny die! Maybe he will get Kendra's heart??? Honestly don't quite know how they're gonna top this episode... I still have chills.(but they topped the bomb episode so here's hoping) We were all literally crying and screaming at the screen during the last bit! gahhh! :lol: I'm gonna go hyperventilate and pass out til the finale. Loooove this show! :heart:

oh and here's a little something to whet your appetite for later...

*** Spoilers for those who haven't seen the season 2 pre-finale eppy***

From Mark Wilding, writer of "17 Seconds"
Airdate: May 14, 2006

Okay. You obviously saw last night’s episode. And in a minute or so, I want to talk about it because it looks like Izzie has done a very, very bad thing. Like a going to hell bad thing. I want to talk about that bad thing and other bad things that people did in my episode. I do. But first…

…There’s a couple things you should know. First, you should know that I’m okay with the fact this blog will have a very short lifespan. And I mean short. Barely 24 hours. That’s what happens when a two hour finale follows on the heels of your episode. That finale is tonight. Not next Sunday night, TONIGHT. So cancel your plans to watch “Two and a Half Men.” Ditch studying for that sociology final. And forget about going to bed at 10:00 o’clock because you’re tired from staying up late to watch last night’s episode. Because tonight is when things heat up even more. I simply set the table for tonight’s feast. And that feast is going to be… well, I don’t want to give anything away, so let’s just say it’ll be very, very entertaining. And Shonda is definitely going to have a few things to say about it in her blog tomorrow. So really, this is just a pre-blog. An appetizer you can digest until they bring out the roasted wild boar and thirty pound lobsters and flaming baked Alaskas (or whatever dessert lights on fire).

The second thing you should know is that I have two sisters. I also have a brother but I’m not talking about him today. He’s a good guy, he’s just not pertinent to this particular discussion. Since this particular discussion involves Denny and other things in the show that my brother pretends not to care about. But mostly it’s about Denny. One of my sisters lives in Montreal and the other one lives in New York City. What do they have in common besides the fact they both live back east and they’re both lucky enough to have me as a brother? Well, they both watch the show and they both LOVE Denny. They LOVE him. As does my wife. Who finally got to visit the set a few weeks ago and, with all the wonderful cast members we have, the one person she REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted to meet was Denny, aka Jeffrey Dean Morgan. She met him and, guess what, he’s also very charming in person. I mean, CHARMING. As in I would understand if my wife left me for him charming. I wouldn’t like it but I would understand it. Luckily, that hasn’t happened. If and when it does, you’ll be the first to know.

Anyway, my New York sister wrote me a letter a couple weeks ago that said if anything bad happened to Denny, she would never watch the show again. Ever. So, is what’s happened to him bad? And more importantly, is Izzie bad for doing it? Is she tremendously irresponsible? She cut the LVAD wire for love so does that make her action understandable? Or just crazy. I mean, Denny’s still alive, right? (Sorry, I can’t even tell you that – tune in tonight!). And Izzie does have a plan so it’s not like she hasn’t thought this all out. Or has she? Is bad, well… relative? You see, all these questions I just asked -- they’re the things we talk about in the writers’ room. And we don’t always have the answers. Because too often those answers aren’t black and white. They’re grey and they fall into cracks and it’s hard to get a hold of them because they keep just slipping out of reach. Here’s another one -- if you do a bad thing for a really, really good reason – is it still a bad thing? Does my sister understand that? Or has she already stopped watching the show?

As for the other thing that might have caught your attention at the end of the episode – namely Preston Burke lying on the ground with a bullet in him – that was a bad thing. At least none of our interns did that. At least, directly. Indirectly’s another story. After all, it was Izzie’s misbehavior that led to him rushing back to the hospital. Of course, he was being bad at the start of the episode -- punishing Cristina for falling asleep during sex by telling her she couldn’t go get the heart. Still, it’s not like he deserved to get shot. It’s funny, you write an episode with a theme in mind (in this case, anger management) and after you’ve filmed the thing, you start thinking about other possible themes. Like, say, “men behaving badly”. Petey the shooter behaves badly, Neal the bullet ducker behaves badly, Brad the boss behaves badly, Burke behaves badly and Derek is still behaving badly towards Meredith (and Addison for that matter).

As for Mer/Der… that silent scene in the elevator at the end where they have so much pain and they can’t talk to each other – well that scene originally had words. Many words. But Patrick Dempsey thought it would play stronger without words and he was right. The scene started out being about anger – hence the many words -- but if you combine anger with love, you really get pain. The pain of hating someone while still loving them. We’re told that to hate someone is bad. But if you love them at the same time, is it still bad? I once had a girlfriend who used to throw tantrums in restaurants. Yes, public tantrums. Embarrassing, horrible public tantrums directed at me. It was traumatic and yet it was also a little bit exciting. The result being I loved her and hated her at the same time. However, in the end, I just hated her. I mean, come on, public tantrums? That’s just bad. By the way, my wife doesn’t have public tantrums and for that I love her. Although, I do wish she’d get off this Denny kick.

Anyway, I can’t talk about Burke or Denny or Meredith and Derek anymore because the more I talk about it, the more I’m tempted to give something away. Also, these are Shonda’s characters. “Grey’s Anatomy” is her novel. We, the other writers, try to get into her head as best we can, but at the end of the day, she’s the one that should have the last word. And tomorrow, she will.

And that won’t be all bad, will it?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ that writers blog was really interesting!! I wonder what Mer and Der were originally going to say in the elevator.

Tinuviel! :o I came this close to having a cardiac arrest when i accidentally scrolled to the spoilers. Luckily you white it out :flower: *whew*

9pm in the East Coast if the prez's speech won't go over an hour! :woot:

Mer/Der scene is the hottest ever!
Now I have to wait until Spet to see if they can be together.
Also...
Heartbreaking over Izzy and Danny. >_<
Feeling kinda sad for Finn as well.

OMG. I'm hysterically crying from the season finale right nowww :cry: DENNY! And then Alex takes Izzy into his armss...and then Meredith and McDreamy! omgomomomgmgmgmgmggm! Best show ever. I can't wait all summer dammit!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camerontroy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->