Harper's Bazaar Russia September 2012 : Karlie Kloss by Natalia Alaverdian

Yay! Another September cover for Karlie. Love how she looks here. Very young and happy! Great job. :smile:

I don't like it. The shadows in her face are too harsh. And that line of spots on her cheeck looks ridiculous.

very so so cover for me I don't like this light on her face and the hairstyle is bad as for the styling it's ok-ish so this is not a winner photo for a cover

Karlie's nickname should be "little miss everywhere"!

another September cover? Karlie's on FIREEE!! although despite being happy for another Karlie cover, i am not liking this cover. Her face looks odd. Love the hair though, very Russian.

I cropped the image

facebook / Harpers Bazaar Russia

Don't like the clothes, the background color, and styling could be better. Her make up seems interesting but can barely notice it cause it's too dark :doh:

I kinda like this cover now, at first I really wasn't too sure. Love the colors and the use of shadows and lights. But can't get over the old world looking hairstyle.

Karlie is nailing the September issues, you go gurfwren!

my oly problem with it is where its cropped from, they should have gone abit lower. She looks like a milkmaid in it but thats ok, its a high fashion milk maid

This is possibly one of the worst lighting jobs i have ever seen on any magazine cover!

oh i like the lighting actually. i usually find her face quite bland but the shadows really accentuate her unique features and lovely bone structure. love the heidi hair too! altho i do get a very youthful vibe from the styling which seems off for the publication audience. love the cover nonetheless. the outfit combo is something i'd gravitate towards if i were out shopping.

i was struck by how vintage the cover feels and then a ha: it's the lighting that's very 1980s Hiro:

However I prefer Karlie's cover. Even tho the lighting is focused on her face one still picks up on
the great colors and shapes of her ensemble and background.
1024-YASMIN3-VGIT-JULY-AUGUST-1985-HIRO.jpg

source: topmodelsoftheworld.com

Karlie Kloss by Natalia Alaverdian | Harper's Bazaar Russia September 2012 HQ

st: Natalia Alaverdian
hair: Katarina Kochik
make-up: Andrey Shilkov

Scanned by Stereo_Flo

oh thanks Stereo_Flo for the cover HQ. kinda blown away by the styling. love the colors and textures even more :shock: the blue mascara brings back fond memories of Dior blue hair mascara altho tbh i could have done without. the wild unruly hair and brows creates an almost electric, buzzing effect, if that makes sense. looks amazing close-up, esp with that fab subtly metallic collar and cuff.

please say those are her natural moles on her cheek!
i really hope there's a corresponding ed.

Cover Story:

Anglo Mania
Photographer: Natalia Alaverdian
Model: Karlie Kloss :heart::heart:
Styling: Natalia Alaverdian
Hair: Katarina Kochik
Make-Up: Andrey Shilkov

zinio

Review

-Color of Night 14pg
Nomi Gaivanenko by Natalia Alaverdian
outside night shooting, nothing special

-Fall Trends 24pg
Kadri Vahersalu, Madison Schill,
Nicolas Marquez & Hadrien Mazelier by Natalia Alaverdian
mixed studio/location shoot

-Hermes Ed/Article
Kat Zakharchenko by Natalia Alaverdian
city/street location shoot

the reprints

-Trends 8pg
from the Stegner/Kudacki shoot

-S&M 8pg
Rihanna by Camilla Åkrans

-Couture 10pg
Rubik & Tammerjin by K.Lagerfeld

"Color of Night"

Text below the title: "After midnight, our faithful companions are black leather and red silk."

Photographer: Natalia Alaverdian
Stylist: Jama Nurkalieva
Hair: Hamilton at SLR (www.slreps.com) using Bumble & Bumble
Make-up: Julie Nozieres at Michele Filomeno

Model: Nomi Gaivanenko (Ukrainian. New face from Elite)

Source: Visula Optimism (visualoptimism.blogspot.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->