Hoop Earrings S/S 07

living in england this just reminds me of some 90's chav or something .. i wont be wearing this trend at all .. but your right it does seem very popular... also can someone please tell me who the model in post #6 is ?? and look at her ears .. has she modded them ?? they seem so pointy .. sorry off topic i know :flower:

I am actually planning on getting a pair of hoop earrings for the summer... Medium sized hoops a bit large and clunky in silver. :heart:

snowqueen said:
living in england this just reminds me of some 90's chav or something .. i wont be wearing this trend at all .. but your right it does seem very popular... also can someone please tell me who the model in post #6 is ?? and look at her ears .. has she modded them ?? they seem so pointy .. sorry off topic i know :flower:

Marina Perez:flower:

celebrity hoop earring craze.....
recently spotted wearing hoop earrings are......:
people.com

jessica simpson
jessica_simpson_320x240.jpg

hilary duff
hilary_duff_300x400.jpg

halle berry
halle_berry_400x300.jpg

j.lo
jennifer_lopez1.jpg

ca.movies.yahoo.com

charlize theron
reapingpre2.jpg

eva mendes
pre2.jpg

penelope cruz
in volver
volver4.jpg

penelope_cruz9.jpg

drew barrymoore
musicpre.jpg

Penelope Cruz actually looks very nice in hers. :huh: Otherwise I would have to pass.

ca.movies.yahoo.com

cameron diaz
holidaypre3.jpg

sienna miller
sundance.jpg
palm2.jpg

sharon stone

gg07arrival_g.jpg

I have a pair of thin brown hoops but i'm not sure what to wear them with. I probably prefer silver or diamond ones but i guess the brown color is kind of putting me off wearing mine.

^ First time I hear about brown hoop earrings.... I am curious...... :shifty:

haha well they are just metal hoop earrings that were painted brown I guess? I don't know, they were $7 from Claire's :lol: just simple thin brown metal earrings!

I love hoop earrings but they absolutely cannot pull on my ears, so they have to be extremely light.

My recent favorites...

gold_serpant_hoop_earrings_kd13s6e_2.gif

Kamofie Designs
Source: moonlightlily.com

Me%20&%20Ro%20Lotus%20Petal%20Oval%20Hoop%20earrings.jpg

Me&Ro
Source: jessicastyle.org

On Jessica Alba:

254.jpg

It depends, you need prominant cheekbones to wear them IMO since they make a round face look even rounder.

I know this goes against the moral fabric of this forum...but I'm so darn TIRED of hearing about "celebrity trends".

I think "celebrity trends" best serve those that are fashion-challenged and need their fashion pre-digested and regurgitated so that they can form an opinion about what they'd like to shop for.

I couldn't care less what a celebrity is wearing. I just want to know what's out there so that I can make an educated decision as to what I'd like to purchase. I don't need freaking Cameron Diaz to tell me what to wear.

I notice the US and the UK in particular have this celebrity obsession thing that's rivals that of any other country (at least in the West. It's really ridiculous.

I love hoop earrings as long as they aren't super ghetto big. The chunkier ones remind me of the 80's, but they could work.. overall, I like it.

One of my uncle's sent me the first pair for my birthday! They are incredibly light and beautifully made by Ippolita Rostagno. I had never heard of Rostagno before - her work is absolutely beautiful IMO.

BGY5384_mn.jpg

BGJ5673_mn.jpg

Credit: Ippolita Rostagno ippolita.com
Source: bergdorfgoodman.com

oObaby_yenOo said:
Oh wow... some of those ase soo :S, I don't know how anyone's earlobes can withstand those!!

aye, just what i was thinking! i just got myself some orange ones...plastic, very 80s, very light. i refuse to buy the heavy ones!

and about the tacky thing...i think anything can be tacky depending on the way your wear it!

much as i hate to admit, i'm feeling the Lily Allen-like gold hoops!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jessica Biel
elle.com

http://www.***************/image/2007/Q2/051620071129420430.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"