• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Celebs Borrow Gowns, Etc. from Designers for the Red Carpet

It's funny because I never thought about the stylist aspect of it. I don't know what was going on in my head but I was just thinking about those red carpet freebies and how expensive it would be to get a collection of expensive dresses to start with for that type of publicity. The idea of a stylist using a non-redcarpet $-level item for a photoshoot completely passed me over. This part of it makes way more sense to me than what I was describing / what I thought was how it was done (red carpet only).

there are thousands and thousands of women around the world even from little unheard of islands who buy not $5000 but $50,000-100,00 couture dresses! its a tradition and a business on its own..and its the same for them as it is for celebs, but the diff is that they have to pay for it, even thought they alsoo do not want to wear the same dress twice, if you go to a big event that has 2000 ppl wearing a specific dress, i dont think you would want to wear your couture for anothe revent that usually includes the same ppl..im talking about societies...did you really think its only in western coutries? all over asia,africa,europe and south america , they buy more couture than americans!.

UNiQFashionista said:
there are thousands and thousands of women around the world even from little unheard of islands who buy not $5000 but $50,000-100,00 couture dresses! its a tradition and a business on its own..and its the same for them as it is for celebs, but the diff is that they have to pay for it, even thought they alsoo do not want to wear the same dress twice, if you go to a big event that has 2000 ppl wearing a specific dress, i dont think you would want to wear your couture for anothe revent that usually includes the same ppl..im talking about societies...did you really think its only in western coutries? all over asia,africa,europe and south america , they buy more couture than americans!.

I'm aware obviously that there are rich people in other countries. But I had no idea that so many people would spend that kind of money on a dress. I thought that celebrities were the only ones that could afford such a thing or that red carpet events were the only places to wear such dresses. It is beyond my grasp to think that someone would buy a $100,000 dress! To put it bluntly I was totally naive that such a rich culture existed in this world. I always thought it was just celebs and a handful of rich business people/families.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->